Apply on Partner Site
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an award winning firm. We’re looking for a Senior Claims Technician to work within our clients claims division delivering a high quality efficient claims' service to customers. As an expert member of the team you will assess claim management risk, using contacts, experience and good judgement to optimise our financial performance.
* Resolve the more complex cases and finalise certain claims within authority limits. Ensure settlement is at an optimum level with consideration to business implications.
* Promptly handle and resolve all enquiries, particularly those more technical and contentious claims queries.
* Communicate effectively with the Underwriting team prior to either confirming or declining cover.
* Advise, motivate and develop less experienced claims handlers and contribute to high level technical output from team.
* Operate within the confines of the agreed personal delegated claims authority.
* Utilise the company preferred insurance pool, develop your knowledge and the coverage provided by them.
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* CII, Dip CII and educated to A-Level standard or equivalent.
* With an effective use and grasp of systems technology required to transact business.
* You have a good knowledge of general insurance and underlying legal principles.
* Use technical knowledge to handle claim queries ensuring a connected service from beginning to end.
* Extract and piece together information from a range of different opportunities and sources.
* Communicate clearly with colleagues, use your high accuracy and attention to detail in data entry and presenting data.
* Strong communication and social skills with clients and colleagues.
* Analytical problem solving approach, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
* Ambitious teammate who takes ownership and accountability.
* Proficient in MS office.
* Eligible to work in the UK
Or check similar jobs