Our client is an award winning internationally recognised MEP Consultancy, regarded by some as the leading voice in building services engineering within the UK. Now part of one of the worlds largest multidisciplinary operations, the business has never been better positioned to achieve growth through the development of current and new business relationships.
Apply on Partner Site
This M&E giant is celebrated for helping to deliver some of the most complex projects under construction, a reputation they are immensely proud of. From initial conception through to full detailed design, the strength of their design teams up and down the country ensure they remain the preferred building services partner for many developers, contractors architects and end users.
Their standing within the consultancy world has facilitated the opportunity to specialise in a number of niche areas and specialised environments, with Data Centre and the wider Mission Critical sector one of those. Once again this year the demand for their time across DC & MC has increased which has resulted in the decision to create a number of positions across their network of offices, including Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow.
A successful candidate will have experience in data centres, telecoms, M&E infrastructure and/or similar critical environments. A qualified Engineer with a bias towards either Mechanical (HVAC) or Electrical Engineering, with an appreciation and basic understanding of the opposite discipline, the suitable candidate will have previous knowledge of a wide variety of data centre technologies such as: critical lv switchgear arrangements, ups systems, standby generation, critical cooling systems inc. Chilled water, fire suppression, control and monitoring systems (e.g. BMS, PMS and EMS etc).
The suitable candidate will be capable of working both independently and as part of a larger team, establishing productive, professional relationships with key personnel both internally and externally. You will have some experience and knowledge of applicable data centre standards such as the uptime institute and BS EN 50600. You will be able to work as part of a team to deliver audits of critical engineering environments, commenting on elements such as resilience, reliability, sustainability, energy efficiency, maintainability, and compliance with relevant data centre standards.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* To produce designs for data centre and other critical engineering spaces
* Support the production of audits, concept designs and proposals for data centres and critical facilitates, co-ordinating with the wider design team as required
* Support the technical development of proposals and tender responses, supporting the bid team as required
* To support the production of specifications for data centre and critical environment projects
* To co-ordinate reviews of design drawings and specifications collating feedback and comment as applicable
* To co-ordinate technical submittals prior to submission to client teams completing trackers and/or using project specific project management portals as required
* To liaise with subcontractors and specialists as required
* To carry out site surveys to allow the accurate production of tender responses and the production of concept designs
* To undertake site audits as part of a team. Reviewing layout and configuration with respect to usability, resilience, reliability, sustainability, energy efficiency, maintainability, and compliance with relevant data centre standards (subject to experience)
* To liaise with other divisions and departments, and with specialist sub-contractors and ensure that all drawings and specifications are issued with all required information
* A familiarity and experience with data centre installations is essential. To support the production of specifications for data centre and critical environment projects.
Skills and Qualifications
* A strong technical experience in leading critical engineering projects is essential
* Qualified to degree/HNC level in a related field or with a strong practical application
* Familiar with data centre and critical infrastructure engineering concepts and technologies
* Fully proficient with all office software and able to produce high quality professional documents, presentations and reports.
* Experience of working with BIM software.
* Good communicator, both in writing and on the telephone.
* Able to prioritise tasks and manage time
In return for your hard work and dedication, Engineers can look forward to working for an industry leading name on marque schemes, where high performance is both recognised and rewarded
Or check similar jobs