Lead Electrical Engineer
Apply on Partner Site
This specialist company which is a division of a larger group is a global control, monitoring, instrumentation and handling company serving the oil and gas industry. They are specialists in high integrity, fully integrated control systems, hydraulic power, and control systems with screen-based user interfaces especially for hazardous areas.
They are currently recruiting for the above position to provide expertise in the Engineering Team which conducts the design, calculation, specification and requisition of electrical equipment and comprehensive analysis of electrical designs to ensure inherently safe systems.
Key responsibilities include:
* To be the lead engineering authority within the team. To take an active role in the completion of engineering tasks.
* Developing the specification, design and documentation of systems and components, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
* Producing the specification, selection and procurement of materials and services.
* To apply an understanding of engineering principles and technologies applicable to the oil and gas industry.
* Applying the relevant industry standards (e.g. API, ABS, DNV, IECEx and ATEX), to a level necessary to guide the company in their application.
* CAD proficient to produce electrical drawings.
* Providing material costing information for project quotes and being able to assess the cost and time implications of design decisions.
* Producing Bills of Material.
* Carrying out electrical interface design including cable schedules, termination details and cable layout diagrams.
* Creating instrumentation on selection loop diagrams, PLC / SCADA I/O list, instrumentation on index, logic diagrams and panel design.
* Performing conceptual and / or detailed design of instruments / control system application.
* Performing cable and voltage drop calculations and prepare data sheets.
* Producing, executing and analysing test specifications.
* Producing operation manuals, maintenance procedures and other technical documents.
* Liaising with clients, suppliers and peers during normal day-to-day activities.
* Supporting offshore surveys, installation, commissioning and fault-finding services (some ad hoc offshore travel will be necessary).
* Mentoring and supporting Engineers and Technicians during design, manufacturing & testing activities.
* Working with the company to highlight areas of improvement in products and gaps in meeting recognized standards.
* Technical report writing.
* Reviewing Engineering documentation.
* The ideal candidate will be qualified to degree level in an engineering discipline, ideally electrical, with substantial engineering experience and/or significant project experience preferably gained within the oil industry. Along with have a high level of expertise and possess the following qualities:-
* A highly professional approach and outlook to engineering.
* Significant expertise through a track record of successful execution of Engineering Projects.
* Experience in overseeing fast-delivery projects from concept to completion.
* Be well organised and decisive with excellent communication and influencing skills.
* Have a drive and passion for innovation to support the company through ‘energy transition’.
* Have the drive and motivation for improving project execution and the development of other engineers.
Up to £70K DOE
Or check similar jobs