Senior Software Engineer
Apply on Partner Site
Salary: Up to circa £65,000 depending on experience
* Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
* Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
* Paid overtime
* Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
* Parental benefits including up to 26 weeks full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
* Fantastic site facilities, including subsidised meals, free car parking and much more
* Excellent career progression and development opportunities
* We may be able to offer a relocation package for this role
Working within a world-leading, technical engineering organisation, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer. The company are an award-winning business that invests heavily in its staff, offering training, personal development and career progression opportunities. With a long order book, they are a stable business who have been growing over a number of years.
Due to the nature of the work, this role will be predominantly based on-site with occasional opportunities to work from home.
The Senior Software Engineer role
Our ever-evolving team powers the business across Europe and brings the next generation of defence solutions to life. Together we experiment, innovate and create across the full product lifecycle. And, in a collaborative and close-knit culture, we support each other to search for better. Join us as an Embedded Software Engineer and take our technology and your career into new territories.
We are looking for a highly capable and adaptable Senior Software Engineer to join our team at our Bristol facility to develop solutions for the next generation of Air Defence Systems; to work with us to develop our evolving products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
This is a very hands-on role as a Senior Software Engineer and requires the continued design and development of Command and Control architectures, and the instantiations for future products. Perfect for a Software Engineer who is proactive and takes the initiative.
Senior Software Engineer experience required
* A strong background in software engineering, its realisation and system-wide impact.
* Experience of working in C++
* A collaborative, open approach to development and the ability to work well in a team and maintain momentum during development.
* Experience working across the entire software development process from engaging with requirement authorities to automated target integration and proving, supported by effective documentation
* Experience with new tools, techniques and approaches that might enable us to evolve our processes to improve our efficiency and sustainability
* Knowledge of DDS middleware and Real-Time Operating Systems
* Experience in other languages such as Ada, would be useful but not essential.
This company can offer you a fantastic chance to grow, develop and fulfil your career within a dynamic engineering environment and provide ongoing training, development, and progression opportunities.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment
Or check similar jobs