Our client based in Masham is looking to employ a Health & Safety Officer, on a full time, permanent basis.
Apply on Partner Site
The Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for ensuring the company complies with occupational health and safety regulations, implementing policies and procedures, conducting risk assessments, and providing guidance to staff to minimise occupational risk and hazard. Collaborate with management to develop and implement safety programs to foster a culture of safety awareness.
Key Responsibilities to include but not be limited to -
* Review existing Health and Safety management across the company and develop best practice recommendations.
* Ensure managers, supervisors and all employees are carrying out their roles and responsibilities in compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Conduct regular inspections of facilities and operations and identify hazards and ensure compliance with applicable health and safety regulations.
* Carry out accident and incident investigations, find root cause and avoid reoccurrence.
* Organise and coordinate weekly safety meetings.
* Develop and implement an effective approach to health and safety compliance management, employing a robust plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle to support Directors.
* Build strong positive working relationships and train, coach and supervise all colleagues to ensure that health and safety compliance work is understood and prioritised as required.
* Maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise in relation to Health and Safety regulations and to support and advise other colleagues.
* Identify potential barriers and root causes in areas of poor compliance and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a co-ordinated response to any action required
The successful candidate will ideally be IOSH / NEBOSH Health and Safety Qualified, possess and/or be -
* A pragmatic approach and the right attitude to drive H&S across the organisation
* Well organised, able to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks at the same time
* Ability to build and maintain great professional relationships and partnerships with others
* Ability to adjust perspective to drill down to detail or maintain a wider view, as required
* Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office 365 applications
* Understanding of SOPs.
* Good knowledge and understanding of general health and safety.
* Have good organisation skills.
* Determined attitude to get on with tasks.
* Experience working with risk assessments
Or check similar jobs