THIS ROLE IS LOCATED IN AMSTERDAM - EU NATIONALS ONLY
Apply on Partner Site
***You need to hold A1 certificates or equivalent and be of EU Nationality with a valid passport and living in the EU permanently OR an EU National with a right to work in the UK or EUROPASS***
Contracts are 8 weeks on 8 weeks off / YOU ARE PAID ON YOUR 8 WEEKS OFF
To maintain the electrical equipment, fixtures & fittings of the barge as directed by the Company and Bargemaster.
Working under the command of the Bargemaster ensure that the barge is maintained for the operation. This work may not necessarily be electrical or electronic.
Ensure all work is carried out with due regard to health and safety risks.
Report all accidents & incidents immediately to the Bargemaster.
Operations / Maintenance – General
* In co-operation with the Bargemaster ensure the safe operation & maintenance of all electrical machinery, equipment, fixtures & fittings.
* Ensure all tasks undertaken on the electrical equipment onboard are carried out as detailed in the Original Equipment Manufacturers Manuals and Planned Maintenance System.
* Undertake maintenance and cleaning of electrical equipment in accordance with the Planned Maintenance System, original equipment manufacturers manuals, Bargemaster instructions and industry best practice.
* Update the Planned Maintenance System when jobs are completed and maintain a stock of spare parts & electrical materials / consumables.
* Promote and maintain a good working relationship with other departments, third party personnel and client representative.
* Assist the Bargemaster as required.
BS7671:2018 (18TH edition) Requirements for Electrical Installations (Level 3 award) for UK based barges or CENELEC HD 60364 (CLC/TC 64 technical committee) for EU based barges.
Conversant in written and spoken English language. NB: Where English is not first language a valid Marlins certificate with a minimum 55% and TOSE Lower Intermediate level or shore-based equivalent.
Ability to work within and form part of a small tight team and to work Independently on own initiative when required.
Presentable with a pleasant personality.
Flexible in outlook and prepared to perform a variety of tasks under instruction & on own initiative.
Strong background in electrical engineering.
Conversant with electronic control systems
Valid ENG1 (medical fitness certificate) or accepted shore-based equivalent.
Vaccination if applicable for the location of the barge, including HEP A, B, C.
Basic Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting training.
Basic First Aid
Hold a current driving licence
Or check similar jobs