ChandlerKBS provides independent consultancy services across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, Ireland and mainland Europe. We work with some of the largest private, public and utility sector clients. We take pride in delivering an excellent service.
Apply on Partner Site
ChandlerKBS are seeking to recruit an Administrator to join our team in our Penarth Office. The ideal candidate will provide a pro-active, professional administrative support service to the Penarth Office by working as part of the administrative support team to ensure an efficient, effective and quality driven service.
Please note that this is an Office Based role within our Penarth Office.
The role of an Administrator includes the following responsibilities:
- To be actively involved in supporting the Business Administrator and individual Sector Leads in the month end processes for client invoicing. We use a project accounting software from Deltek (PAM) in which staff enter timesheets and expenses. This forms the basis of the monthly reports that are run for the partners from which it is decided what client invoices should be raised. You will be raising invoices and credits in PAM and issuing these to clients.
- You will be required to run ad hoc reports in PAM for Partners and Associates.
- Setting up of new staff members in PAM. Ensuring working week schemes, rates and annual leave are set up as requested.
- Creation of training manuals for PAM and ongoing training of staff as PAM develops, but particularly for new starters.
- Creation of new projects in PAM and Vantage Point, ensuring all contract documents are in line with our QA procedures.
- Responsible for managing the paper archiving process for the London and Penarth offices.
- Making of travel bookings for all UK staff when requested.
- Manage the ordering of all stationery for all UK offices.
- Completion of partner expenses.
- Support the Business Development Co-Ordinator when required, submitting bids and monitoring of bid portals and updating of model answer library.
- Administrative support to the Sector Leads for Building, Rail, Capital Allowances and Europe teams.
- Answering and re-directing of calls to the main telephone lines. Managing of email accounts for UK offices. Meet and greet visitors at the Penarth Office.
- To assist in maintaining the business reputation by providing a service of a high standard and on time.
- To carry out all tasks in accordance with the Business’ quality assurance procedures.
- To take a full and active part in the Business’ staff appraisal system with a view to maximising your potential and obtaining job satisfaction.
- To actively seek out opportunities for self development and the advancement of the Business’ interests in accordance with the Investors in People Standard.
- To be flexible within reason, in terms of hours of work during busy periods.
- You may be asked to perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role.
- To take reasonable care for your own and other staff Health & Safety. Co-operate with the Partners and the Practice Health & Safety Officer in seeing that the Health & Safety rules of the business are observed.
- To support the Health and Safety Manager in promoting health and safety and wellbeing initiatives.
The ability to -
- Communicate confidently with clients, staff and partners.
- Use discretion and tact.
- Meet strict and conflicting deadlines.
- Use Microsoft applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a high standard.
- Provide excellent written, interpersonal, communication and teamworking skills.
- Provide commitment to continually improve processes.
- Deliver excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Providing effective administrative support.
- Producing accurate work of a high quality to strict deadlines.
- Planning and setting priorities for work and monitoring progress.
- Dealing with clients and staff at all levels.
- Working well as a member of a team to achieve goals.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us.
As well as receiving a competitive salary, you will also have an opportunity to take advantage of our flexible hybrid working arrangements.
Our core benefits include:
- 24 Days Annual Leave (with the ability to purchase up to 10 extra days)
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Car Allowance (subject to role)
- Annual Professional Membership Fees
- Bespoke Training & Development Plans
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives (Cycle to Work Scheme/Gym Discounts/EAPs)
ChandlerKBS is an equal opportunities employer, an accredited Investor in People (IIP) and has a RICS approved APC programme
Or check similar jobs