Apply on Partner Site
Here within the @one Alliance, we are a collaborative organisation made up of our seven partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment, Skanska and Sweco) and our extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme.
We are now working in our latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7 and this will see us deliver a £1.2bn programme of work over the next five years. Are you ready to join us as we deliver the most exciting and innovative AMP we have ever seen?
With a variety of challenging and complex projects, we must implement the most innovative and proactive commercial practices possible, providing an industry-leading end-to-end Commercial facility across the @one alliance.
We have an exciting new cross-country pipeline project and are looking to recruit a site-based Quantity Surveyor for our Ipswich site. These positions are initially 12-month fixed-term contracts, with the potential for possible extension.
What you will be doing as our new Quantity Surveyor?
Based on site as our new Quantity Surveyor, you’ll act as the commercial conscious to the integrated delivery team, providing commercial support to both the delivery management and on-site delivery teams. You’ll ensure that operations are carried out to control costs, you’ll manage compensation, monitor direct labour, work closely with sub-contractors, and focus on risk reduction. Maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety, you’ll also oversee full compliance with the Alliance and Anglian Water governance procedures consistently.
* Together with the Project Commercial Manager manage all aspects of commercial and cost management.
* Ensure robust cost management processes are always undertaken with accurate and timely reports, data and analysis on hand to assist in commercial decisions.
* Ensure that all project team members and site staff understand the contractual arrangements, to satisfy Client & Partner organisation requirements.
* Work in collaboration with the Delivery Team to identify, implement and monitor efficiency plans throughout the lifecycle of the project.
* Ensuring that proper records (including final accounts) are kept & maintained so financial information for audits and cost assurance is readily available.
A little bit about your skills, experience, and behaviours….
To be considered for this position, you’ll have extensive experience in managing costs. Whilst a degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering/ management/ cost discipline would be beneficial.
Showcasing your first-class customer service and leadership skills, you’ll have an in-depth knowledge of construction and safety and be comfortable challenging processes, practices, and norms to improve the overall commercial offering to the business.
If you have a passion for making a real impact on an exciting project within an industry-leading alliance, please apply today
Or check similar jobs