Full Time 37 hours per week
Apply on Partner Site
The Family Time Service are seeking a flexible & enthusiastic individual who has a desire for working with children and their families. The right individuals will be passionate about safeguarding children and will be child-focused in their practice to promote positive relationships between children and their families. The Service continues to work towards developing a restorative and relational practice framework as an underpinning ethos to ensure that we are working with and for our children and families.
The Family Time Service facilitates court ordered contact sessions between children and their families across Devon. Family Time supports the physical safety and emotional wellbeing of a child when it is determined this may be at risk whilst they have contact with their family member.
This role covers our South locality area and involves managing a small team of Contact Supervisors across various sites, working with the current Area Team Leaders and reporting to the Family Time Manager.
You will be responsible for the overall arrangements and day to day management of supervised contacts for children in care with their parents and / or relatives where court orders or other circumstances make this necessary; ensuring that supervised contacts promote the welfare of, and safeguards, children and families.
The salary range for this role is £33,024 to £36,648 per annum (it will attract additional enhancements for on call)
Devon County Council
We offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of young people and their families in Devon. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
* We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
* Generous annual leave allowance.
* Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
* Auto enrolment onto our Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
* A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain benefits such as, ‘cycle for work’ and health screenings.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
** PLEASE NOTE – INTERVIEWS FOR THIS POST WILL TAKE PLACE ON FRIDAY 8TH DECEMBER 2023**
Please click Apply Now to see further information.
* DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
* Happy to Talk Flexible Working - The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
* We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
* This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
* Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
* For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page
Or check similar jobs