Role: Humanities Teacher
Apply on Partner Site
Salary: £24k to 32k - Independent Provision, not on Teacher Pay Scale
Hours: Full Time - 8:30am to 3:45pm
Simply Education are searching for an experienced teacher of Humanities to join an SEMH Secondary School in Stockport on a permanent basis. This position will include working 5 days a week teaching KS3 and KS4 students and starts in January. This independent provision in Stockport supporting pupils with SEMH needs and Autism. The schools are seeking a permanent Teacher to start in January.
About the school:
Simply Education is currently working in partnership with an SEMH independent provision in Stockport. This small setting caters for young people aged 11-16 who have experienced a negative impact on their lives and need a boost in self-esteem and confidence. The school focuses on changing students’ mindset and giving their students all the tools to be successful in their future. The students work in small groups and classrooms are comparatively smaller than that of a mainstream setting; pupils are taught in small class sizes of between 3-5 pupils and there is a high staff to pupil ratio.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Extensive knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Ability to effectively develop the confidence, language, behaviour and social skills of pupils between the ages of 11-18
- Quick thinking with the ability to adapt with ease to new environments
- An understanding of working with students with SEND
- Strong communication skills with pupils and an understanding of pupils behaviour patterns when experiencing complex needs and trauma
- A good understanding of behaviour management and how to implement this into your practice.
Advantages of working in an SEMH environment:
- Shorter working hours which will help you to establish a better work life balance.
- Smaller class sizes where you can really get to know your students
- More non-contact time so marking can be done during the working hours
- Flexibility within the curriculum meaning you can be creative with your approach
- Satisfaction in supporting and seeing students reach their full potential.
If you are a passionate, enthusiastic, and experienced Teacher who is committed to supporting students who have become disconnected with their learning, please apply today.
If you are interested in this Teaching position, please click 'apply now' and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, for an informal chat about the role please contact Robyn Doolan, SEND Recruitment Consultant at our Manchester office on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online or face-to-face) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form. All candidates who register with Simply Education will also have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional pending the completion of all relevant checks
Or check similar jobs