Specification Sales Manager - Structural Glazing Systems
Apply on Partner Site
"Amazing opportunity for structural glazing systems specialist with a track record of sales to Architects & Specifiers in London/South East."
C£65000 + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London/South East/M25 - Field/Home Based
Commutable locations: Greater London, Home Counties, Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Surrey, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Sussex, Kent, Hampshire
Our client is a European market leader in the manufacture and supply of structural glazing systems to the industrial, educational and commercial sector including hotels, airports, shopping centres, schools, rail/underground, and commercial developments. This role will focus specifically on specification sales to Architects and Specifiers in London and the South East.
This is a newly created position to support our client's growth plans for its unique and marketing leading range of structural glazing products and solutions in the UK industrial and commercial specification sales market. They would like to increase their coverage and brand recognition with the appointment of a London/SE based Specification Sales Manager with a network of partnerships with Architects and Specifiers.
You will cover a territory spanning the South/South East around the M25, Greater London and surrounding Home Counties such as Essex, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, Buckinghamshire. The successful candidate will therefore be field based in the Southern region around the M25, M27, M1, M3, M4.
The Specification Sales Management role will be very much focused on new business development, key account and project management selling our client's full range of structural glazing solutions to architects and specifiers predominantly in relation to yearly and multiyear design and construction development projects. Therefore, you must have experience of specification sales, building relationships with architects including technical discussions about the installation of products and management of the quotation bank within the territory. Most importantly you will have a strong established network of contacts within the structured glazing systems, specialist glass, windows, doors, skylights, curtain walling, facades systems, drylining, insulation, roofing, or other similar specialist construction or architectural components for commercial and industrial builds.
* Based from a home office, and under the direction of and reporting to the UK Managing Director, you will foster and promote the sale of structural glazing systems within the Southern/South East, Greater London region.
* Call on current and prospective customers or specifiers (architect or specifying engineer) to explain the advantages of our client's products and their capabilities, and assist in defining project requirements, influencing the preparation of specifications or matching products with existing specifications. Communicate our client's value proposition in comparison with other similar competitor products in the marketplace.
* Analyse major construction job requirements for special or unique applications and provide technical input to arrive at an engineered solution. Use sketches, drawings and calculations (as required) to focus on requirements, and provide customer with best options. Work as a liaison between the customer and our client's Head Office to expedite or resolve final design requirements as necessary.
* Maintain tracking system, and follow up all calls and enquiries to ensure that the order is closed. Analyse any problems presented by the customer, develop appropriate solutions, and assist customer in resolving the concern.
* Work closely with Head Office, including the design and technical team to develop strategic pricing for major contracts and partnering agreements when required.
* Maintain an effective, ongoing relationship with repeat and key account customers.
* Maintain appropriate contact with the Head Office. Provide specified reports to the Managing Director on a timely basis.
* Monitor competitor activity and market trends within the territory, and make appropriate recommendations regarding them.
* Participate in identifying new markets or new needs for existing products, and new market needs for new products. Participate in the development of specific sales strategies to increase sales of individual products / product lines. As requested, undertake projects relating to business and sales development within defined territories.
* Make PowerPoint or other types of presentations at CPD roadshow events, seminars, or conferences to communicate the advantages of our client's products.
* Perform other related duties as assigned or warranted by conditions.
The Ideal Candidate:
* University degree/graduate calibre/A Level education.
* Currently undertaking a similar Specification Sales, new business development, sales hunter and consultative selling role within the structural glazing systems, specialised glass, windows, doors, skylights, curtain walling, facades or other similar specialist construction or architectural components for commercial and industrial builds. Candidates with experience of other architectural products for large scale industrial/commercial projects will also be considered.
* Will possess an established network of specification sales contacts from the commercial and industrial build/construction sector such as Architects and Specifiers.
* This must include experience of specifications, building relationships with architects and including CPD presentations, technical discussions about the installation of products and the quotation process.
* Articulate, with good written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to see projects through from enquiry to quotation to order, maintaining contact and confidently handling objections at every stage.
* Detail oriented and familiar with CRM systems.
* Experience / knowledge of the industrial and commercial construction industry in the South East/London.
* Familiar with construction site visits to undertake inspections, with strict adherence to health and safety requirements.
* Computer literate including Excel, Powerpoint and CRM systems.
* Currently undertaking a similar field based role in the London/South East area.
To apply, without delay, please email your CV, quoting reference LX (phone number removed)
Or check similar jobs