Packaging Development Manager – Foods
Apply on Partner Site
Do you want to join a well loved British brand? A company who produce some of the nations favourite snacking items and enjoy the top spot of their respective categories?
You will work as the Packaging lead for this site to deliver the category growth plan from a packaging perspective. Working to innovate, continuous value improvement and increasing quality superiority through packaging.
* Delivery of the agreed Packaging programme, working closely with Marketing, Product Development and Operations to introduce new/improved packaging into production and to drive continuous improvement in costs of existing packaging operations.
* Owner of packaging specifications and implementation processes.
* Provide support to sites to ensure delivery of solutions, collaborate with the other Packaging team members and build on their combined expertise in the creation of new Packaging solutions, as the need arises.
* Provide project management documentation and communication for packaging including time-plans and risk assessments.
* Build packaging specifications in line with project requirements; ensuring legislative and regulatory compliance, fitness for purpose including functional performance related attributes and compliance aspects.
* Lead the creation and delivery of other relevant packaging documentation e.g. cutter guides, pallet patterns, component drawings, general specifications, technical standards, travel tests and results, line trial protocols and reports.
* Runs regular meetings with suppliers and other external organisations to ensure packaging knowledge is continually updated.
* Qualified by: HND or higher qualification in Packaging, Engineering, Design or equivalent
* Experience in an FMCG environment in a ‘hands-on’ Packaging Technical role with a proficiency across a broad range of packaging materials and their respective machinery interfaces.
* Exceptional understanding of performance characteristics of flexible plastics, rigid plastics, carton board, corrugated & tins
* Experience in planning, handling and reviewing factory trials
Or check similar jobs