Apply on Partner Site
Morgan Advanced Materials is a world leader in advanced materials science and engineering of ceramics, carbon and composites. We operate in a series of well-defined markets where our applications expertise offers our customers a valuable differentiator, engineering high-specification materials, components and sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging technical problems.
The Technical Ceramics business of Morgan Advanced Materials engineers high performance functional and structural ceramic materials, components and sub-assemblies to address customer-specific technical challenges. The business employs advanced materials science and applications expertise to produce parts that enhance reliability or improve the performance of its customers’ products. Much of what the global business unit makes is used in demanding, harsh or critical environments. Our Technical Ceramics business works in selected segments of the electronics, energy, healthcare, industrial, petrochemicals, security and transport markets, typically in close collaborative customer relationships.
Group Key Figures: Revenue £950m (2021), ~7,500 employees, manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.
As the Facilities Engineer you will be responsible for the day to day management of all facilities activities for the site including; grounds & buildings, HVAC, mechanical & electrical, heating & cooling and Security (camera’s). This is a growing site with great opportunity to widen your experience.
* Energy champion for site, responsible for maintaining measures, identifying, and implementing savings.
* Lead facilities HSE adherence in conjunction with local HSE and SLT teams.
* Identify and project manage facilities improvement projects through to successful completion.
* Facilities management
* Annual service contracts - experience in all aspects of contractor management and the ability to prioritise and understand the impact of decisions made is key.
* Strong communication, influencing and relationship building skills with peers and third-party suppliers.
* Build a culture of continuous improvement in the facility
* Assist with CMMS
* Process planning – to define which processes need improving
* Capital expenditure justification
* Review of tooling materials and recommendations for new ones
* Organising, performing and documenting trials for new machines and materials
* Migration of tooling and work databases to the ERP system
* Generating and updating of KPIs and reports
* Completed relevant qualification such as MS Engineering or similar
* A2 C of C for drone operations
* Electrical installations
* NEBOSH qualification
* Fully conversant with H&S rules, regulations and best practices
* Fully conversant with environmental regulations
* Knowledge of electrical installations and working knowledge of engineering drawings
* Knowledge of Lean design processes and their application would be beneficial
Key Skills & Abilities:
Performance Driven and Self Motivated
Strategic Innovative thinker, able to convert plans into effective lean solutions
Tenacious, strong and forthright team player
Good effective communicator at all levels, in writing and verbally
Able to earn respect of peers
Strong planning and organisational skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Good demonstrable track record of continuous development
Competitive Remuneration package, 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, Sharesave scheme, Generous contributory pension scheme, 4x life cover, Employee Assistance Programme, Wellbeing initiatives and Recognition Awards
Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer Ind-1
Or check similar jobs