A world leading Manufacturer are seeking a Senior Design Draughtsperson to join their team!
Apply on Partner Site
This position is responsible for generating engineering drawings suitable to manufacture against and without ambiguity.
Communication between team members, project managers, manufacturing and assembly is essential in generating drawings ‘fit for purpose’ and ‘right first time’, as is the ability to work methodically and accurately within tight deadlines.
Mentoring and development of team members may also be required, depending on skills and experience.
Areas of Responsibility:
* Generating engineering drawings from CAD models, ensuring data is fully defined but not over defined, or ambiguous.
* Producing, modifying and updating 3D models, detail and assembly engineering drawings in-line with approved engineering change requests and fully document the changes using engineering change notices.
* Produces designs against requirements with consideration to cost, quality, schedule, risk, Design for Manufacture/Assembly (DFM/DFA) & human factors seeking cross functional input as required.
* Liaising directly with Production Engineering Department to ensure datum and tolerance schemes are aligned with Design, Manufacturing and Inspection requirements.
* Accurately generates Engineering Drawings using appropriate GD&T in accordance with internal and external standards (such as the Y14 series).
* Produce Geometric Dimension & Tolerance analysis and justification documents.
* Carrying out part clash identification.
* Processing of Approved Drawing Revision (ADR) requests including the identification of subject matter experts and the accountable Drawing Office Section to fully evaluate the broader impact of any proposed modifications and then updating the electronic drawing.
* Use of Siemens Teamcenter 11 for data control.
* To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required / instructed in order to maintain and / or improve the efficiency, quality and service provided by the Engineering Department.
Education & Qualifications:
* Mechanical Engineering Advanced Vocational Qualification (ONC/HNC/NVQ).
* Engineering Apprenticeship.
Specific / Technical Skill
* Sound analytical skills
* Thorough software expertise including 3D CAD modelling.
* Basic level MS Office suite.
Experience with any of the following would be an advantage:
* NX 12 & Teamcenter 11
* ASME Y14.5 drawing standard
* SAP ERP system
The role is a hybrid position:
3 Office Days
2 Home Days
Salary: £(phone number removed)
Or check similar jobs