At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
Apply on Partner Site
As a result of an increasing portfolio of projects, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Civil & Structural Engineer to join the team in Birchwood, Warrington.
* Delivering design work on a major and large scale infrastructure project.
* Detailed and construction designs for multi discipline design projects.
* Analysis and Design using engineering software such as STAAD, Tekla and TEDDS as well as producing hand calculations.
* Preparation of Calculations, CDM activities, Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision.
* Capability with and application of current standards (Eurocodes and British standards considered) within their own discipline and an appreciation of multi-design interactions and interfaces.
* Assisting and mentoring team members to promote their technical and professional development.
* Appreciation of Nuclear and conventional safety cases
* Coordination of constructability between CSA and other disciplines, and between Design and Site Construction
* Reviewing, justifying and preparing Design Changes deemed necessary to satisfy the CSA design case
* Structural assessment of existing structures including concrete and steel
* Chartership (A member of a Professional Institution or working towards chartered status within the next 2 years will be considered).
* Experience in the design of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork
* Knowledge and experience of seismic design requirements for waste storage / processing plant
* Knowledge and use of BIM packages
* Evidence of design capability working as part of a multi-discipline team.
* Experience of working within a highly regulated industry.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees
Or check similar jobs