Location Exeter offices - Response
Apply on Partner Site
* Competitive Salary plus Car and private mileage / or 6.5K car allowance + benefits package pension, health, life, profit share etc
My client have a great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Response (repairs and voids works) business based out of the Exmouth office .
They seek a commercially strong and financially focused ( Cost Control, CVRs so a financial bias or background a big advantage ) individual who enjoys the technical aspects of contracting and enjoys an open and team focused environment. You will work collaboratively with an experienced and supportive commercial and operational team.
You could come from a Cost Management , Commercial Administration or Commercial Manager background as well as traditional QS - they would also look at an Assistant QS if you have flexibility on salary
They are committed to ensuring their teams can achieve a great work life balance, therefore this role can be completed via a combination of remote and office-based working.
This could be suitable even if you don't currently live in the Exmouth area and are looking to make the move from London , Birmingham , manachester etc
The Quantity Surveyor role:
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will actively price materials and labour for our repairs and maintenance workstream, focusing on reducing costs and improving efficiencies, therefore having a real impact on our profitability and our commercial success.
Specific tasks will include:
* Being responsible for the financial and technical aspects of the contract across all workstreams, including procurement, invoicing, payments, cash flow and cost control
* Minimising costs where possible, maximising value and ultimately making a profit
* Working with direct labour and subcontractors, ensuring all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance
* Developing and maintaining relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors, suppliers, and our client
* Procuring materials, plant, and subcontracts in line with our systems/procedures and contract budgets
* Producing monthly contract valuations of the unit’s actual deliverables against the projected budget (CVRs)
What will you bring as a Quantity Surveyor?
* Proven experience in a similar commercial or quantity surveying role; we are open to considering various job titles that incorporate transferable commercial and financial responsibilities
* A proven ability to minimise cost and maximise value, profit, and cash flow
* Strong IT and Microsoft excel skills
* Ability to process high volumes of data analysis
* Experience in working with direct labour and subcontract procurement
* Experience working on Schedule of Rates contracts is desirable, with the ability to price minor works from first principles.
* Be part of the company profit share scheme
* Company car and private mileage scheme or Car allowance
* Let us help you prepare for your future with an employer pension contribution of up to 7% or pay into a savings scheme
* 23 days annual leave, but you may want longer or less, so buy up to 5 days or sell up to 3 days per year
* Access to an employee assistance program to support employee’s health and wellbeing
Additional Benefits include:
* Annual pay reviews
* Medical and life insurance
* Enhanced maternity/ paternity pay
* Training and development opportunities
* Trade discounts from our preferred suppliers for you and your friends and family
* Specsavers vouchers
Quantity Surveyor finance costing financial budget accounts spreadsheet excel exeter devon qs property Quantity Surveyor finance costing financial budget accounts spreadsheet excel exeter devon qs property Quantity Surveyor finance costing financial budget accounts spreadsheet excel exeter devon qs property Quantity Surveyor finance costing financial budget accounts spreadsheet excel exeter devon qs property exmouth exmouth london london birmingham birmingham manchester manchester
Or check similar jobs