BORED IN YOUR CURRENT INDUSTRY? ARE YOU AN ELECTRICAL OR MECHANICAL VEHICLE TECHNICIAN LOOKING FOR A NEW AND EXCITING CHALLENGE IN THE ROLLING STOCK INDUSTRY? IF SO PLEASE READ ON.
Apply on Partner Site
Job Title: Maintenance Technicians
Job Location: Wolverhampton/Birmingham
Hourly Pay Rate: £23.48 PAYE / £30.00 Umbrella
Shifts: Must be flexible (Days and Nights)
Duration: Minimum 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
Industries Considered: Aviation, Plant, Automotive, Rolling Stock, HGV, PCV, Marine and Armed Forces EX Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
You will be responsible for carrying out routine maintenance, repair and fault finding on large state of the are electrical based vehicles. Take overall responsibility of vehicle examinations in line with vehicle maintenance instructions (VMI's). Undertake all types of maintenance examination work to ensure that we provide a safe, reliable, and defect free unit. Take responsibility for the safe, efficient and professional workmanship of oneself and others under your control. Undertake 'Designate Person' safety responsibility for applying Depot Protection System and ensure safe systems of work methods are applied Key Responsibilities will include:
* Undertake technical maintenance to the required standards, and in accordance with all maintenance instructions.
* Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all maintenance documentation prior to Shift Production Manager (SPM) validation and authorisation.
* Responsible to the Shift Production Manager for the accurate identification of outstanding work at the end of the shift.
* Operation of powered plant, lifting and mechanical handling equipment.
* Ensuring all problems with processes, tooling and documentation are identified within the team is reported to the Shift Production Manager / Facility Management Team
* Highlighting potential Health and Safety concerns
* Compliance with all laid down H&S legislation and depot procedures to ensure a safe accident free environment
* Responsible for keeping the work area clean and tidy and to the highest standards at all times.
* Supporting the SPM regarding delivery of Quality, Waste Reduction, Delivery and H&S targets
* Produce comprehensive reports on specific fault finding investigations
* Identify potential improvements and feedback to Engineering
* Constantly searching for ways to improve processes
* Responsible for the coaching of staff in good working practices and quality standards. Supporting the Shift Production Manager in the identification of training needs
Any candidate will need to be happy with working away from home as this position will be located at Wolverhampton until April 2023. Then move to Bletchley, Milton Keynes for 6 months (with expenses), and finally moving to the SOHO depot in Birmingham for a further 12 months. The above timeframe are estimates and are subject to change.
A diligent professional able to work well as an individual or in a team. Relevant experience required:
* History of completing safety critical work
* Ability to undertake detailed fault finding and analysis by reading and following electrical and pneumatic schematic drawings
* Comprehensive knowledge of Electrical & Mechanical Principles
* Computer literate and experience of using a maintenance management system for work recording
Minimum requirements NVQ Level 3 award in an Electrical discipline or Mechanical discipline.
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION (this is standard procedure on Rail depots)
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise
Or check similar jobs