Excel Resourcing are recruiting for experienced European Freight Specialist to join one of our clients in their Preston depot.
Apply on Partner Site
* Look after set accounts who book full, part load and groupage, import and export shipments to and from Europe.
* Build and foster good working relationships with existing customers leading to organic growth of accounts.
* To increase business from existing customers and regain down trading accounts.
* Be able to confidently cross sell other services such as Deep Sea/Airfreight and other markets.
* Full customs experience and being able to problem solve in this field.
* Able to focus and drive to achieve current business plan.
* Taking phone/e-mail enquiries from customers and quoting clients on their shipments, providing the best price and solution.
* Dealing with and finding new hauliers to maximise maximum profit share on work and building relationships with suppliers.
* Using various freight exchanges and freight platforms that we have access to.
* Dealing with various customs brokers and ensuring a smooth process for clearances.
* Full administration of the booking process from quoting to delivery.
* Being highly proactive with the customers to give first class customer service. Ensuring we are there for the customer every step of the way.
* Highly driven and hungry for success.
* Understanding of different incoterms and commodity codes.
* Being a team player but also have the ability to work alone.
* Highly proactive with work and able to find solutions effectively and quickly.
* Excellent time management skills.
* High level of communication and listening skills.
* Enjoy conversing with customers and suppliers to build relationships.
* High attention to detail.
* Tough negotiation skills and able to strike a deal with suppliers.
* Good all-round knowledge of various modes of transport and customs.
* Full export and import knowledge for all EU territories and understanding of what is required to give customer current market trends.
* At least 3 years working experience of working on this market.
* Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
Monday to Friday
8am – 5pm
24,000 – 30,000 per year
Or check similar jobs