Part-time Administration Opportunity | Sutton, South London <
Apply on Partner Site
I am delighted to be supporting a fantastic children's charity, in their search for a new Team Administrator! This role would be amazing for somebody looking to work around other commitments, or facilitate a fantastic work / life balance.
* 20 hours per week
* Monday to Friday ideally, circa. 10am to 2pm (flexible)
* Opportunity to work from home 1 day per week
* Salary up to £30,000 p.a. pro-rata (circa. £16,000 p.a. actual salary)
* Previous administration experience is essential
* A valid and clean driving license is desirable
* Subject to enhanced DBS check
* Home maintenance - Carry out day-to-day management and maintenance of the Children's home, including overseeing the maintenance log, liaising with contractors and ordering supplies.
* Health and safety - Take on the role of Health and Safety rep for the home, and conduct regular health and safety risk assessments and checks to ensure compliance with regulations.
* Support the team and children - Provide practical assistance to the team and children, such as running errands and helping with school runs.
* Finances and reporting - Assist with the financial management of our home and organisation, including invoices, expenses, children's pocket money and petty cash.
* Administrative support - Manage the office operations, maintain accurate records and order supplies, attend meetings, diary management, manage IT equipment, and train staff on systems.
* Staff and professional development - Maintain staff records such as timesheets, DBS checks and training records and assist with the recruitment and induction of new staff.
* As a small organisation, there will be opportunities for you to get involved in other areas depending on your interests and skills*
This role will suit someone who enjoys working closely within a team, whilst also being autonomous and able to work independently. You will be good at proactively anticipating issues that may arise and enjoy problem-solving to overcome these issues. We are looking for someone who works efficiently and likes to get things running smoothly and efficiently.
You will need to have experience working in an administrative, operational or assistant role and be capable of planning and prioritising your workload. You will need to be comfortable working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). You will need to be well organised, with strong written and verbal communication.
You will be working from the children's home, so you will need to be comfortable working in this environment. The children in the home have emotional and behavioural difficulties, so sometimes this will require flexibility and patience. If you have worked in a children's home or similar environment before that would be desirable, but it is not essential. It is important that the home has a family feel and an inclusive culture, and all staff are expected to play a key role in this.
It would be preferred, but not mandatory, if you possess a valid driver's license and are willing to drive the car provided by the children's home to transport the children to and from school, appointments, family visits, or any other necessary places from time to time
Or check similar jobs