Come and join the UK’s 4th largest provider of complex care. We proudly employ over 4000+ people - no matter what your experience, we have jobs for everyone.
Apply on Partner Site
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Occupational Therapist (experience equivalent to Band 7) to join our fantastic team at Hothfield Brain Injury Rehabilitation and Neurological Care Centre. We specialise in intensive rehabilitation for people in the early stages of recovery from a brain injury right through to residential care. Located in the beautiful 12 acre grounds of a manor house in Kent, the setting is almost as amazing as our team!
Hothfield Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre specialises in intensive rehabilitation for people in the early stages of recovery from a brain injury right through to residential care. The site is part of the wider Active Care Group Neuro Network (consisting of 25+ sites) nationally and we focus on the use of clinical expertise, innovation and technology to meet patient’s expectations of rehabilitation goals. We were most recently rated as Good by the CQC.
We care for adults over the age of 18. Our team are also experienced in managing associated needs, such as specialist spasticity management, PEG feeds and skin integrity problems.
Our on-site Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) includes nursing, physiotherapy, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, clinical psychology and rehabilitation assistants.
Our clinical team is further supported by a centre manager, an activity co-ordinator and a team of housekeeping, catering, maintenance and administration staff.
Our Multi-Disciplinary Team work together to ensure that every team member is working towards the same practical, realistic goals and that all therapies are focused on the areas that will enable patients to achieve those clearly defined and agreed goals.
The setting for our neurorehabilitation service is a purpose-built unit. We offer active, short-term rehabilitation for people who have significant speech, functional or cognitive needs. Individuals each have personal rehabilitation goals and we work to a structured therapy programme to help them relearn and practise everyday skills to give them the best chance of a return home.
Located in the original manor house, this service is for people who, as a result of their brain injury or neurological condition, are not able to live at home independently. Whilst they may not have complex nursing care needs or require regular therapy, they do need round the clock support to manage everyday tasks, to keep safe and to have a good quality of life.
What you'll be working:
We can be flexible but you will work a total 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
What you'll be doing:
* Keeping people safe from any harm and protecting their human rights.
* Leading a dedicated and friendly Occupational Therapy team providing a high quality, patient centred occupational therapy services to patients, their families or carers.
* Be responsible for a clinical caseload, assessing and treating patients.
* Liaise effectively with multidisciplinary team colleagues.
* Keep up to date with new treatment methods and be actively involved in research projects relating to specialist area.
* Attend multidisciplinary meetings, reviews and case conferences as required.
* Evaluate effectiveness of service and carry out audits where required.
* Provide support and guidance for junior staff and advice with complex cases where necessary assisting in the treatment of such cases.
* Assist in maintaining high professional standards in clinical and professional matters.
What you'll have:
* HCPC Registration
* Excellent analytical skills
* Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise as appropriate
* The ability to influence and advise at all levels
* Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS
We also want to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable facilities to participate in job applications or interviews to perform essential job functions. To support this, we are a Disability Confident committed employer.
What to look forward to:
* 25 days plus bank holidays
* Birthday off
* Join the Active Learning Hub and benefit from a wide range of e learning and face to face training and development opportunities
* Active Reward App giving discounts and savings on your weekly shop
* Free 24 hour confidential Employee Assistance Programme Helpline & App to support with legal, health, wellbeing, relationship and consumer advice
* A salary sacrifice Aegon 5% matched pension
* Access to join a Medicash Health Plan for you and your family to save money on everyday health essentials – like going to the dentist or opticians
* We recognise outstanding Active Behaviours via the Active Awards programme
* Enhanced Sick & Maternity Pay benefits
* Refer a Friend Scheme and earn yourself up to £1000 by recommending someone you know
* ……and, of course, the support and guidance of our qualified clinical and business leadership teams so that you can really develop your career with Active Care Group
Or check similar jobs