Senior Quantity Surveyor - Are you in Civils or the Construction sector and looking for a fast track opportunity to develop into a Commercial Director? You’ll start as our Commercial Manager within our well-established, growing civil engineering business as the focal point for all commercial activity. Could this be you?
Apply on Partner Site
BASIC SALARY: Up to £70,000
· Performance Related Bonus - Target 10%
· Car / Car Allowance £6,000
· Tier 1 Medical Insurance
· 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
· Pension 6% Employer / matched Employee
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Stone, Stafford, Cannock, Wolverhampton, Telford, Shrewsbury, Burton-upon-Trent, Derby, Uttoxeter, Leek, Crewe, Nantwich, Congleton, Macclesfield, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Northwich, Knutsford, Wilmslow, Stockport, Warrington
JOB DESCRIPTION: Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Manager - Highways, Construction, Civil Engineering
Working closely with the Managing Director, you’ll play a critical role in the ongoing expansion of our business. Our local client base means there is no need for extended travel away from home. You’ll have responsibility for all of our commercial activities including:
· Managing quantity surveying aspects, carrying out site measures and producing valuations and invoices.
· Managing the commercial aspects of any changes to work plans, liaising with customers, and working partners wherever necessary.
· Managing all sub-contractor relationships, raising orders, calculating margins and ensuring accurate financial management- SAGE experience would be a definite advantage.
You’ll produce monthly financial performance and forecast reports, as well as review overall cost management to ensure we’re on track to achieve our target margins.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Manager - Highways, Construction, Civil Engineering
As our Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager you’ll have a highway and/or civil engineering background with experience of working on multiple projects, up to £1.5m in value.
Your commercial experience is likely to have come from projects across some or all the following:
· Groundworks & General Civil Engineering
· Public Highways, Footpaths & Crossings
· Roads, Car Parks & Estate Management
· Specialist Surfacing
· External Works & Landscaping
It’s also expected that you’ll be educated to degree level (or HNC) and you could have spent time as a Quantity Surveyor, an Agent or Sub-Agent, but whatever your background you can truly make your mark with us and, with a clear progression path to Commercial Director now is a perfect time to join us.
Stretching back 45 years we’ve built a reputation for delivering complete contract management. We offer our clients a full service, from tendering through to scheme completion and final sign-off. It’s because of the high quality work, communication and personal service that our teams produce and our ability to deliver on time and to budget, that we are expanding rapidly and have plans to double our growth in the next 3 years.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: AC17465 Wallace Hind Selection
Or check similar jobs