Job Title: IT Operations Analyst
Apply on Partner Site
Location: Solihull - Hybrid
Hours: Permanent - Full Time
A bit about us:
At BNP Paribas Personal Finance, we're part of a global bank and are proud to be a Top Employer UK, providing a great place to work in an open and inclusive environment.
We're here to provide simple and straightforward consumer finance solutions and we work with many well-known retailers and brands to help their customers finance their purchases in a responsible way.
We care about making a positive impact for our colleagues, customers, partners, and the wider community. That's why we live by our values of we're positive, we're brave, and we own it.
* As an IT Operations Analyst at BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK, you will ensure reliable and consistent operations of the IT services provided with a focus on enhancing the service offering, demonstrating incident reduction, and maximising service availability.
* Scheduled Checks
o Perform regular checks of IT systems, such as:
Critical file transfer success
Core application availability
* Monitoring, File Transfers and Administration
o Assist with management and continuous improvement of the monitoring and alerting systems.
o Investigate alerts generated by the monitoring systems.
o Ensure all production CI's are monitored for availability
o Support the team with configuration of file transfers (FTP)
o Manage the WSUS server and schedule deployment of Microsoft updates.
* Incident, Problem and Change Management
o Provide Incident Management to ensure incidents are resolved in a timely manner and that all relevant communications have been provided.
o Assist in the Root Cause Analysis process to ensure Root Causes are correctly identified and that the correct Actions are followed through to prevent re-occurrence.
o Raise Work Orders for other IT departments when work is required during an Incident and when work is required as part of an RCA Action.
o Support Change Management activities
* Capacity / Management Intelligence / Reporting
o Provide regular reports on server capacity.
o Monitor server capacity and predict future requirements.
o Assist with the creation and management of automated reports, including:
SLA reporting, for internal and client use.
Incident Management Metrics reporting.
* Documentation and Evidence
o Liaise with Internal Audit department for provision of any information required for audits.
o Liaise with Permanent Control department to provide any information required for Level 2 checks.
o Liaise with other departments when required, representing the IT department in a professional manner, in line with our company values.
o Assist with the management and creation of the SharePoint lists and workflows used by the RCA system.
o Centralise all IT documentation and ensure that all documents are reviewed at the required intervals.
o Maintain the Hardware and Software Asset Management systems. Ensure that contracts and licensing is applied correctly, maintained up to date and renewed in good time.
Skills & Attributes:
* Experience working in a troubleshooting environment - Must.
* Ability to manage incidents through ticketing systems.
* Highly PC literate.
* Problem solving & attention to detail skills.
* Incident management skills & SFTP experience.
* Overseeing Change Management processes - Desirable.
* Prioritise and organise for self and others.
* ITIL Foundation Certified V3 - Desirable
* Ability to make responsible decisions after gathering all required information.
* Build & influence relationships internally and externally.
* Flexible with business needs
* Demonstrate ability to improve upon existing processes.
* Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012 & 2016.
* Trend analysis of incidents and problem management - Desirable.
* Experience working in Financial Services or Banking - Desirable.
Could this be you?
BNP Paribas Personal Finance believe it's a positive attitude and passion to make things happen that matters most.
What's in it for you?
As well as working for a Top Employer UK 2023 and being part of a team that changes customers' lives, there are some excellent benefits too including - a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, plus life insurance and private medical insurance, not to mention the all-important 25 days holiday each year to enjoy. There are also perks which give you fantastic discounts off eating out, cinema tickets, days out and much more. There are also monthly awards with plenty of opportunities to win vouchers and prizes. Learn more about what it means to be part of the BNP Paribas Personal Finance team here: BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK - YouTube or click here to learn more about careers at BNP Paribas Personal Finance: Careers ((url removed)).
Equal Opportunities Disclaimer
BNP Paribas Personal Finance promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensure that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation
Or check similar jobs