Senior Mechanical Engineer – Contract - West Wales
Apply on Partner Site
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading engineering business during a period of continued growth as they support the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Renewable Energy sectors. Our client is looking for an "all rounder" who is happy with both static and rotating equipment design.
This role is deemed to be outside IR35.
Role & Responsibilities
* Participate in relevant meetings, such as HAZID, Design Reviews, Model Reviews.
* Must be comfortable with performing design of both static and rotating equipment.
* Execute all Piping/Mechanical Engineering activities and maintain technical integrity.
* Supporting the development of Mechanical and Piping layout for a range of major energy projects at different stages including concept, pre-FEED, FEED and EPC / PMC.
* Reviewing and approving Piping/Mechanical deliverables such isometrics, GA’s, stress analysis.
* Development of Mechanical Equipment Specification and Datasheets.
* CAESAR Stress Analysis experience, or strong knowledge of Stress analysis and willing to train in CAESAR.
* Ensure the quality of Mechanical engineering deliverables.
* Undertake design and checking of deliverables according to discipline and area of expertise.
* Liaising with Clients and managing their needs and expectations.
* Participate in cost and schedule estimates; monitor and report progress using ascribed system.
* Develop technical documents and scope of work packages for projects.
Key Skills & Knowledge
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* Chartered status preferred but not essential.
* Must have proven experience in Oil & Gas, Petrochem, Renewable Energy sectors or similar.
* Experience of working with industry software such as AutoCAD, Plant3D, CAESAR Stress Analysis.
High end market rate, coupled with long contract duration, interesting work and the potential for some flexible / hybrid working
Or check similar jobs