Part-Qualified General Practice Accountant - Taunton and Bristol
Apply on Partner Site
* To provide an excellent level of service whilst working with clients across a range of industry sectors, including sole-traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
* This role will be reporting directly to the General Practice management team and you will be developing your skills, knowledge and professional studies whilst taking an active role in the day-to-day performance of the team.
* You are responsible for ensuring that our clients receive the best possible client experience and will contribute to a culture where our team and clients continually thrive.
* To be an ambassador of the firm's values.
* Production of accounts files and corporation tax returns.
* Assignments to include a mix of work within our client base to ensure a good coverage of client sizes and required services i.e., sole trade, partnership, FRS105, FRS102 1a and management accounts.
* Participate and support senior team members on external audit engagements.
* Undertaking the work assigned to you in conjunction with relevant training.
* Ask questions of your colleagues and support network to understand knowledge of our systems, processes, and controls.
* Acknowledge all client correspondence in a professional manner.
* Undertake software training in core products e.g., Digita, Xero
* Understanding of the Firm's core hours and responsibilities.
* Use of the software and communication tools (email, telephone, Teams) to keep colleagues aware of your progress throughout the working day.
* Understand and complete the AML process for new and existing clients.
* Undertaking bookkeeping and VAT return preparation, including raising queries with the client/manager as necessary.
* Identify points within the records to be queried with the client and request additional information.
* Build confidence in using the communication platforms promoted by the firm.
* Competently being able to manage your own time in context of work assigned with clear communication of progress to the management team.
* Undertake internal training courses and apprenticeship training.
* Take an active role in team meetings and discussions.
* Plan and prepare budgets for assignments, seeking assistance when further training is required.
* Learning to identify opportunities to go the extra mile for clients to exceed their client service expectations.
* Assist with administrative duties as required by the firm.
* Assist fellow colleagues and peers as required by the firm.
Key Skills & Competencies:
* Good personal motivation, organisational skills, and the ability to manage your own workload.
* Flexibility and approachability under pressure.
* You must be proactive, tenacious, and always show initiative.
* Good attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
* The ability to communicate clearly, and effectively at all levels including ensuring the partner is aware of any client issues.
* The ability to work closely with other members of the team and management team.
* A learning mind-set with the ability to receive feedback to implement corrective advice ensuring achievement of key objectives and service delivery to clients.
* A high level of professionalism to deliver client service excellence.
* The ability to build excellent relationships with all colleagues through role model behaviour in line with the Firm's culture and strategic objectives.
* The ability to multitask and meet deadlines when required.
* Effective time management.
* To understand when it is necessary to escalate either technical or client experience issues to the partner or support specialists.
Key Knowledge & Behaviours:
* Planning and organisation.
* Flexibility and adaptability.
* Excellent client service.
* Familiarity with the Milsted Langdon IT systems.
* Familiarity and an understanding of the relevant statutory compliance issues affecting the Firm including, GDPR, Money Laundering, Audit Independence, DPB and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
* Professional, personable, presentable, and punctual.
* A desire to develop good technical knowledge.
* Full driving licence, plus unrestricted access to a car.
* Organised, accurate, and able to plan the use of time efficiently.
* Good interpersonal skills in dealing with both clients, team members and colleagues.
* Good communication skills.
* Working towards a professional qualification (with approximately two years' experience) - AAT / ACA / ACCA
Acorn by Synergie acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
Or check similar jobs