Trainee Service Technician
Apply on Partner Site
Established in 2010, Medstrom are a market leading provider of medical devices services to the NHS and other caregiving facilities with a strong reputation for providing a reliable, dedicated, and trusted service to our partners.
As an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT), we have independence in the market, which is unlike any other company in the industry, and through continued growth we can offer great opportunities for you to develop with our business, which we call the “Medstrom family”.
We are looking for a dedicated Trainee Service Technician to join us in working a Monday - Friday shift, based from the Harlow service centre.
- Competitive basic salary of £25,000 (+ London weighting if within M25)
- Additional payments for on-call duties
- Contributory pension scheme
- 33 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays
- Discounts and cashback on shopping, supermarkets, and holidays as part of our rewards scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes including Cycle to Work
- Full induction with great training and support
- Receive a “treat” on your birthday
- Be a part of an Employee Ownership Trust (EOT) and the associated benefits of having a stake in the company
As a Trainee Service Technician, you’ll be required to deliver an effective and timely maintenance service to customers. After training, this will include delivery and installation of products within agreed delivery times, repair and proactive maintenance of products and support at delivery stage to customers in various environments.
Main responsibilities of the role
- Deliver clean, ready-to-use, products to and around customer sites
- Collect products after use and return to the service location for decontamination
- Disinfect, function check, repair and electrical safety test products
- Complete records of testing, delivery and collection
- Maintain available product stock and spare parts inventory
- Complete product modifications when required
- Provide product demonstrations and basic training to staff
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
Hours of work: 37.5 per week, working Monday to Friday.
You will also be required to participate in an on-call rota (once trained) to support the team and the customer. This is subject to an on-call payment and additional payment for hours worked.
To join us as a Trainee Service Technician, ideally you will need to have or be willing to develop the following:
Qualifications and experience requirements:
- Mechanical or electrical background desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Experience of working within a healthcare setting is desirable
- Driving licence required (we use long wheelbase vans, but training and support to build confidence in manoeuvring of these vehicles will be provided where required)
- Knowledge of Medstrom and/or other medical device manufacturers’ products would be desirable but not essential
- A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively
- Ability to work under own initiative, and follow procedures laid out by the business to achieve deadlines
- Basic knowledge of hygiene and safety rules
- Basic PC skills to include email and MS Office
- DBS Checked (or the willingness to complete one)
Webrecruit and Medstrom are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
Or check similar jobs