1st Line Support Technician
Apply on Partner Site
Position : 1st Line Digital Support Technician
Location : Hampshire/Dorset, UK (needs to be a commutable distance from the office)
Hours : Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00 (35 hrs per week)
We're working with National business that provides products that support a wide range of people across the UK in ensuring their care and safety. They're a forward thinking group and across the business have a deep sense of "duty of care" for their customers and staff, its a big part of what makes them what they are.
As part of that service to their customers, they're seeking to grow a newly formed team, by adding Support Engineers with great service skills, a high attention to detail and willingness to learn into their team.
As 1st Line Support, you will be the first point of contact for Digital Support queries arriving via phone/email/form.
You will be responsible for logging and assigning cases via their case management system, quickly and accurately and helping customers to solve their issues.
A 1st Line Support Tech provides an initial triage to support cases and ensures that first response SLAs are adhered to, coordinating rapid and appropriate responses keeping the customer appraised of progress made and most importantly building rapport with customers, providing excellent customer service.
The business operates a standard procedure for the triage and formal escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal or external technology team.
They'd like you to be responsible for helping to contribute to the creation and maintenance of standard processes and procedures for products and services, ensuring process and fit for purpose, and offer the best support to the customers.
Most likely you'll have a hands on approach to working with and answering queries from other areas of the business, helping them solve business critical issues, as well as proactively performing and maintaining routine system checks and logging cases as necessary.
Why would this role interest you?
This is a great first step into a technical support role, and if you have some technology experience, enjoy talking to to customers and helping them, this could be a great opportunity for you. The business is happy to train and develop alongside you if you have the personal motivation and willingness, and overall the team are extremely welcoming and offer a great place to work.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
* We'd like you to have experience in a busy, customer facing role
* As logging and reporting is important, experience of performing general administration tasks is important for the opportunity
* A technical and logical mindset will be important in your ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
* Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
* Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal to support non-technical users and have the ability to explain IT/telephony concepts in simple terms
* Proven work experience as a 1st line ICT Technician or similar role
* Understanding / experience in a relevant Telecare related industry
* Knowledge of systems or processes in an operational or technical capacity
* Ability to provide concise documentation
* Knowledge of Cloud telephony
Personal Attributes (what makes the team so good at looking after their customers)
* Strong communication skills
* Empathic manner
* Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success
* Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
* Experience of entering data quickly and accurately
* Able to balance the needs of multiple tasks at once
* Excellent telephone manner
* Ability to work independently and proactively without or minimum supervision
* Flexible approach to workload
* Willing to learn new skills
* 23 days holiday rising to 25 days annual leave pro rata
* Discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
* 24/7 employee assistance programme
* Family and friends’ discounts on our services & products
* Pension Scheme, up to 4% Company matched
* Life assurance 2x annual salary
Simply, this could be a great long-term opportunity if you are friendly, organised, technically minded and love helping people.
Reach out if you'd like to know more
Or check similar jobs