Product Manager + upto £55k +
Apply on Partner Site
Our client is a market leader within the HVAC industry and they are looking for a driven and highly successful Product Manager to join them. The Product Manager provides lifecycle direction and management accountability for the financial results within the suite of company offerings. The role involves creating and executing business plans, providing leadership to a local teamand coordinating with the global leaders engaged with the offering.
The position is located in Manchester, with regular travel within the UK and CE territories.
Role responsibilities of a Product Manager:
* Develop, refine, and maintain the offering strategy on macro trends, addressable markets, growth rates, trends, new and existing competition, where the client is targeted, where the client could target, how the client will differentiate, financial aspirations in each segment of market
* Accountable to instigates VOC (Voice of Customer) and VOS (Voice of Sales) to all elements of Offering Management
* Brings competitive intelligence such as factual market reports, outlooks, shares, and win-loss data, in ongoing way to inform and refine the Offering strategy
* Generates and creates business proposition for capital investment, market growth, and improved market position of the Offering category
* Engaged with the strategic industry association decision making processes and standards setting committees as they apply to our market objectives
* Identifies market and product development opportunities and presents them to Leadership for investment in accordance to the firm’s investment criteria, vision, and financial hurdle rates.
* Identifies target market segments and vertical market sectors to be pursued in their addressable markets and can translate these into target key accounts for Sales Plan execution
* Owns and drives the Offering Roadmap in context of Strategy, with high quality value propositions envisioned alongside compelling business cases and engages the organization for awesome delivery of value propositions, including compelling launch and in market support through the offering’s lifecycle on site.
* Drives the organization for execution of the Annual Business Plan and is accountable to initiate real-time adjustments across the organization that will ensure delivery of results according to the profit expectations of the Financial Plan.
* Is accountable alongside Commercial Sales Directors and Operations to deliver the plan revenue, plan standard margin and plan contribution goals globally and across the selling territories.
* Creates and drives the pricing strategy – price list, ARMs, other incentives and rewards, variable cost structure, with annual targets to reduce product cost by line
* Creates and maintains all product support materials including selection and analysis engines, training principles, technical submittals and I and O’s.
* Leads the category team members in the development activities, product maintenance activities, product communications strategy, and all category lifecycle activities.
* Prioritizes the activities of key resources such as Engineering project resources to ensure alignment with timelines and financial objectives of the Plan
* Owns the Lifecycle of offerings – from introduction, maturity, pricing first time, ongoing price mgmt., ARM structure, retirement, and end of life sku’s; all coordinated to achieve business plan targets and improving inventory turns goals
* Provide annual plan input and direction to supporting functional teams across the organization on the requirements to deliver to the Offering Categories requirements, and get the commitments form them to deliver to that Plan.
* Defines the Business Systems operating requirements and functional configuration for successful implementation of the Offering Plan
* Works with the Business Systems Leaders, and Operations Leaders to ensure delivery against requirements of target market. Monitors metrics and works with Operations on improvement plans where the investment exceeds internal hurdle rate, or as required to meet Plan objectives.
* Works with Commercial Sales Directors and Operations Leaders to optimize Customer Experience with Quality and Delivery of the Offering, and the pre-sales experience.
* Owns and drives the marketing and communication program for the offering including awareness, consideration, hit rate and conversion needs for business, working with Corporate Marketing and Communications team, for all offerings in that area.
* Works collaboratively with Sales to be sure right multi-channel model maximizes reach and profitability, and works to tweak channel model structure and incentives to continuously approve and exceed strategy and annual business plan goals
Product Manager role requirements:
* Must be a strong business-minded individual with a drive for success and be highly results oriented.
* Educational requirement: Degree in Engineering; Master’s in business administration (MBA) or equivalent business training will be an asset.
* 10+ years of experience working with offering development, offering management, sales, design engineering, manufacturing, and distribution operations in an industrial or commercial B2B environment.
* Demonstrated experience with product engineering and management principles, general practices and regulations, policies and procedures
* Understanding and experience with mechatronics, automation systems, digitalization of systems, and/or industrial computer modeling
* Creative problem-solving skills, conflict management within different organizations (centralized and matrix organizational structures)
* Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way, conduct root cause analysis and provide clear, well thought-out recommendations.
* Strong, team-oriented leadership skills with presence and a bias for action.
* Self-directed with ability to work autonomously and collaboratively and a focus on results and the ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations
Salary upto £55k
25 days annual leave
Cycle to work scheme
Pension Scheme 4.5%
Health & Well being/Social Events
Death In Service 4 x Salary
Or check similar jobs