Apply on Partner Site
My Client design and manufacture test systems to MOD and aerospace standards, providing a
wide variety of looms, circuit boards, racks and cabinets. The company’s reputation is
maintained by the delivery of high quality, thoroughly inspected items that comply with AS9100
and IPC standards.
• Inspection & Test of looms, fixtures, systems, PCBs, RF cables within ISO 9001/AS9100
▪ Specified customer test procedures
▪ Specified internal test procedures
• Electrical & mechanical inspection of cable looms, test fixtures and test systems, working
to production & prototype information
• Inspection & test of PCBs, power suppliers and sub-systems
• RF cable insertion, return loss & generating test reports
• Production wiring loom inspection to drawings and wiring schedules
• Prototype wiring loom inspection
• PAT testing H/V insulation & Earth Bonding including generating certificates
• Liaise with manufacturing and engineering staff to ensure faults are promptly cleared
• Reporting design faults, recommending design improvements, corrective & preventative action
• Produce accurate inspection & test records
• Follow internal quality inspection processes
• In-house equipment checks & calibration management
• Provide wiring support when required
• Other tasks as requested
• Team player – ability to liaise with manufacturing and engineering departments
• Ability to work with minimal information and supervision
• Good communication skills
• Precise and accurate
• Good fault-finding & problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a methodical, well-organised manner
• Ability to work to procedures
• Basic computer skills
Required Qualifications / Experience:
• Inspection & Test experience within an ISO 9001/ AS9100 Quality environment
• Inspection & Test experience of prototype/special-to-type systems, looms etc.
• Able to understand electronic drawings / schematics / wiring schedules
• Possess all requirements for successfully meeting formal Security Check (SC) criteria
Desirable Qualifications / Experience:
• BTEC (or equivalent) Electronics.
• Formal engineering qualification.
• Quality Control experience.
• Experience in a similar role.
• Understand different types of electrical test equipment (including basic operation of
power supplies, switching circuits and simple analogue and digital circuits).
• Familiar with IPC 610 & IPC 620 standards.
• MOD / Aerospace background
Or check similar jobs