Contracts Manager – Structural Steel
Apply on Partner Site
£35,000 - £45,000 (Depending on experience) + Car Allowance
About the company
My Client are a family run bespoke architectural metalwork and structural steelwork company. They specialise in the design, manufacture, and installation of a wide range of high quality architectural and structural steel projects. My client has been trading for 5 years and in that time they have seen continuous growth as their annual turnover is now over £1M. They also boast of their ability to look after their staff and their culture of promoting from within, which is shown in the fact that their current Commercial Manager started with them in an admin role, working one day a week.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working with a small close-knit team (15) and will be working on a variety of projects from small £20,000 residential projects to £150,000+ school refurbs and on £500,000+ new build housing estates, working with clients such as Persimmon and Lovell Homes.
Due to 99% of my clients’ projects coming from companies such as Persimmon, the successful must have residential new build experience and ideally would have Architectural & Structural Steel experience. This role will be based 50% in office and 50% on site and so a full UK driving license is required.
This role also offers the amazing opportunity to progress to director / partner with the growth of the business, along with the option to earn shares in the business.
Daily tasks will change depending on the day and the project but can consist of:
* Overseeing and organizing works from tender to completion with key members of the team
* Continuous monitoring of works to ensure works are undertaken within budget
* Monitoring of variation works, making sure costs agreed prior to starting works.
* Manage work programmes and manpower to maintain productivity.
* Manage and monitor supply chain to ensure works are delivered correctly & on time.
* Liaising with clients to ensure works are delivered correctly & on time.
* Manage site fitting contractors in delivering a consistent service to time, safety, quality and cost, ensuring clients expectations are met in full.
* Liaise with other workers and clients to completion of works.
* Implementing new ideas to enable smooth running of works, both in the workshop and on site.
* Organize workers, ensuring training is up to date, and all procedures are followed.
* Assist the sales team in the tendering process where required.
* Ability to communicate face to face, via emails and through reports to senior management every day, regarding job status and labour requirements.
* Order steelwork and fixings efficiently and correctly by ensuring items and drawings are checked prior to order and then scheduled in for delivery dates that meet labour requirements.
* Send emails with no prompting from management, chasing RFI’s, backing up verbal discussions and keeping the client updated on progress and variations.
* Minimum of 3 years Contracts Management experience
* Previous experience working on residential new build is a must.
* Previous experience in Structural and architectural steel and site work preferred.
* Good communication and organisational skills
* Computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word
* Full driving licence
Whats in it for you:
* £35,000 - £45,000 Annual salary (d.o.e.)
* Weekly Pay
* Car Allowance
* Expenses Paid
* Hybrid working
* Career Progression to Director / Progression
If you would like to hear more about this job, please click apply or contact Joe on Joe @ huntermasonconsulting . com
Or check similar jobs