Core Teachers are representing a dynamic and outstanding-rated secondary school located in the vibrant community of Southall, who are committed to providing a nurturing environment that fosters academic excellence and personal development. The schools dedicated Science department are enthusiastic about creating a stimulating and inclusive learning environment that empowers students to reach their full potential. As the school continue to excel in delivering high-quality education, they are seeking a skilled and motivated Science Technician to join their team on a permanent basis.
Apply on Partner Site
Role Overview: As a Science Technician, you will play a crucial role in supporting the science department to deliver engaging and practical lessons. Working closely with our experienced teaching staff, you will be responsible for preparing and maintaining laboratory equipment, ensuring the smooth running of experiments, and contributing to the overall success of the science curriculum.
1. Equipment Preparation: Prepare and set up laboratory equipment and materials for science experiments and demonstrations in accordance with the curriculum.
2. Resource Management: Manage and maintain an inventory of science supplies, chemicals, and equipment, ensuring efficient use and appropriate storage.
3. Health and Safety Compliance: Adhere to health and safety regulations, including the safe disposal of hazardous waste, and contribute to maintaining a safe and secure laboratory environment.
4. Collaboration: Work closely with science teachers to support the planning and delivery of practical lessons, providing assistance during experiments as required.
5. Troubleshooting: Identify and troubleshoot issues with equipment and liaise with relevant staff to ensure timely resolution, contributing to the overall effectiveness of science lessons.
6. Administrative Tasks: Assist with administrative tasks related to the science department, such as record-keeping, ordering supplies, and maintaining accurate documentation.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
* Previous experience as a Science Technician in an educational setting is highly desirable.
* Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Commitment to promoting a positive and inclusive learning environment.
* Ability to work collaboratively within a team and independently
Or check similar jobs