HGV Automotive Technician
Apply on Partner Site
£17- £21 Per Hour
Monday – Friday (42 Hours per week)
Occasional Saturdays (8am-12pm) but not essential.
Our client is one of the fastest growing mobility service providers within the world. Their organisation provides the widest range of commercial vehicles for rent in the UK and have a growing fleet of over 45,000 vehicles: from small cars to heavy goods vehicles, accessible minibuses, and many more besides.
HGV Automotive Technician Job Details:
* Workshop based with mobile capability taking care of general vehicle maintenance duties including MOT preparation, servicing, repairs, breakdowns, preventative maintenance inspection of both light and heavy vehicles, health and safety & ISO14001 related issues at all times.
* Carry out preventative maintenance inspections to the highest standard ensuring all vehicles are safe and road tested prior to confirming completion.
* As and when requested be prepared to work at the customer’s premises to carry out servicing, repairs, inspections etc, this may also involve working on Saturdays.
* Prepare all vehicles to the highest standard for MOT to ensure minimum amount of failure’s occurred to constantly maintain a PRS and Final pass rate above 95%.
* Service and always maintain all vehicles to the highest standard whilst ensuring the vehicles are operating safely and compliant with legislation. Ensuring all vehicles are road tested prior to confirming completion wherever possible.
* Ensure any wheels removed are refitted in the correct manner and wheel nuts torqued using the companies calibrated torque wrenches to the correct settings. (As per the wheel retorque policy).
* Whenever called upon to attend breakdowns whilst ensuring you are always working in a safe manner.
* Always ensure good housekeeping of the Workshop & vehicles and your work area.
* Ensure we comply with our commitment to our ISO14001 accreditation, by always maintaining segregation of waste into the relevant areas and general good housekeeping.
* Where required, collect, and deliver vehicles.
* Strong organisation skills
* The ability to work alone and manage your own time.
* A full UK driving licence - Class 2 preferred but not essential; training can be provided.
* Demonstrated ability to make decisions.
* Experience in working on HGV’s.
* NVQ level 3 in Engineering for Vehicle Maintenance and/or City & Guilds Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Engineering or completed apprenticeships.
* Structured career and training programme towards Master Technician level
* Shifts 7.30-16.30 or 8.30-17.30 some flexibility on start finish times.
* Possible overtime available 1.25 rate
* Life Assurance, Health Cash Scheme,
* 25 days holidays
Or check similar jobs