Apply on Partner Site
* Location: East Anglia, multiple sites
* Rate: very competitive £450 – £550 per day (outside IR35)
* Contract length: 12 – 24 months+
* Outside IR35
* Start date: ASAP
Turner Lovell is recruiting for an international EPC contractor who deliver multiple high-profile renewable energy projects throughout the UK. We are recruiting a Construction Manager, with proven experience working from pre-construction to completion on renewable energy/ electricity transmission projects across the UK, on both civil and M&E works.
The successful candidate will be the Construction Manager for multiple complex energy facilities In this role, you will lead the projects from civil construction through to M&E installation and handover.
This is an excellent opportunity to at the forefront of renewable energy infrastructure projects, secure stability on a long-term project and work with a world class, international team to deliver complex engineering and construction solutions.
* Lead the ongoing construction and M&E activities for project scopes £30m+
* Day to day management of all on site activities, providing leadership to other site managers, site supervisors, subcontractors as PC Rep.
* Be the point of contact for civil construction, client interface and general site management tasks.
* Coordinate with different stakeholders and provide regular reports to: clients project representatives, internal engineering teams
* Manage and provide QC inspection of subcontractors during different phases of the project.
* Provide support to senior Project Managers to monitor, track, and report progress of the team against project programme and budget.
* Review and approve HSEQ plans and ensure that everyone fulfils their duties and works to a high standard.
* Ensure all teams are operating with an open and willing mindset when best practices are being delivered.
* Ensure project quality, budget and timescales are met – providing progress reports when necessary.
* Ensure all TQ’s are answered and provide support to the team when needed
* Qualifications: Diploma / Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related course
* At least 5 years’ experience as a Site Manager within large complex construction projects +£20m
* Proven track record at Principle Contractor delivering projects safely, within budget and time.
* Expert understanding of CDM regulations
* Relevant site safety courses such as: CCNSG Safety Passport, SMSTS Course, IOSH Managing Safely & Environmental courses
* Experience working on National Grid, SSE, Scottish Power, power plants, energy generation projects or large substations is an advantage
* Excellent communication skills to be client facing and lead larger teams of site workers, engineers, and safety professionals.
If this sounds like it could be your next challenge on a large-scale energy project and you are available ASAP, please apply or contact Maddie Jacob via email or at (phone number removed) for further information
Or check similar jobs