Role: Commodity Manager
Apply on Partner Site
Product: Electronics / Battery
Location: Wiltshire (Commutable from Swindon or Bristol)
Salary: Competitive + 12% bonus and excellent benefits
A global engineering and manufacturing business is looking for a Commodity Manager to join its global procurement team.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with and positively influence a range of people at multiple levels of seniority as well as have a proven track record in mentoring and developing junior members of the team.
* Oversee the involvement of NPI teams in exploring new power storage technologies, specifically batteries and cells, across various product categories.
* Lead Upstream Procurement initiatives to find high-quality parts or sub-assemblies that meet performance, functional, and commercial requirements.
* Collaborate with RDD teams to develop and integrate new power storage technologies and comprehensive supplier strategies into product category and research projects.
* Utilize established methodologies and best practices to deliver reliable commercial and engineering solutions within agreed timelines.
* Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate activities with relevant teams, both internal and external, to ensure effective and timely contributions.
* Conduct necessary due diligence for new suppliers.
Skills & Experience Sought
* You should have a strong interest in procurement and handle complex situations well and feel at ease in both commercial and engineering settings
* Good business understanding, stakeholder management, and influence
* Being resilient and having a desire for change are also important.
* A degree in relevant engineering or a commercial discipline, along with practical experience
* A proven track record in developing challenging products, preferably in battery cell sourcing. Knowledge of power storage commodities is advantageous.
* Collaboration and influencing multiple stakeholders in different product categories are necessary
* Be proactive in initiating early part sourcing activities in an efficient and organized manner.
* Experience in consumer electronics engineering, especially cordless/wireless technologies, is beneficial.
* Demonstrating expertise in engineering, product design, and New Product Introduction (NPI) is highly desirable
For more information, please apply via the link for immediate consideration
Or check similar jobs