The Multi-Modal Export Executive will undertake all of the below tasks and will also be expected to assist the Multi-Modal Export Manager as and when required.
Apply on Partner Site
The postholder will also be expected to learn the duties of their manager to be able to undertake this task without hesitation and with full competence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Booking shipments with airlines
* Negotiate rates
* Arrange collections with sub-contractors
* Booking of shipments into operating system
* Handling customer enquiries
* Preparation of entries via ICE system
* Maintain excellent relationships with internal and external customers
* Follow up shipment status, identify incidents and ensure resolution of incidents
* Create and issue quotations to prospects, customers and overseas offices
* Ensure all quotations are followed up and actioned accordingly
* Liaise with origin offices, managing new bookings, receive pre-alerts
* Create jobs in the operating system
* Submit customs clearances using ICE
* Checking supplier invoices versus accruals
* To ensure original documents are posted accordingly for release
* To update and maintain customer schedules
* To cost and invoice files
* To maintain and pass KPI service standards
* Arrange the release and transportation of goods received to cargo importers.
* You will be expected to negotiate terms and rates, so it is important that you have previous experience in this area and are numerate.
* You must also be familiar with industry standard computer programs and be able to operate
* standard systems pertinent to the job.
* To communicate and update customers on a regular basis on the status of their shipments
* Optimize routes and identify carriers offering better / alternative routes
For this position you may be asked to travel (globally) as and when required.
Excellent opportunity to join this multinational organisation and progress within your career.
We will only consider candidates with solid experience in both Air & Sea Exports and who will be able to hit the ground running
Or check similar jobs