Cover Supervisor required for secondary school in Tower Hamlets! APPLY NOW!
Apply on Partner Site
Full-Time post: 7.15am - 3.45pm
JDS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a permanent experienced Cover Supervisor to work on a full-time basis at our secondary school based in Tower Hamlets, East London.
The key function of the role is to cover lessons for teaching staff in their absence.
When not covering lessons the Cover Supervisor will be expected to engage in activities as detailed below.
- To take responsibility for groups or classes of students in the short-term absence of their usual teacher.
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with school policy; - liaising with teaching staff with regard to work set for a class; - managing the behaviour of students to ensure a constructive environment whilst undertaking work.
- responding to any questions from students about process and procedure.
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with the school's policies and procedures.
- collecting any completed work and resources after the lesson and returning them to the appropriate teacher or subject leader; - reporting back, as appropriate, using the school's agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of students during the class, and any other issues arising.
- Student class registrations
- To supervise students who have been isolated from their peers as a behaviour sanction..
- We are looking for a dedicated, passionate, and committed Cover Supervisor to follow the curriculum in line with the National Curriculum to secondary learners.
- Offer pastoral support, always ensuring the maintenance of good behaviour in line with school procedures and policies.
- Have excellent classroom and behaviour management skills.
- Demonstrates consistent excellent practice.
- You will need to feel confident within a classroom environment and be able to cover lessons from KS3 upwards.
- Hours: 7.15am - 3.45pm
- Nearest Station: The school has excellent transport links.
- Must have at least 3 months UK school experience covering lessons as a Cover Supervisor within a UK Secondary/Primary school.
If you are available for the above permanent post, please APPLY today or contact Camelia at JDS Recruitment.
JDS Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with us will possess an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate
Or check similar jobs