Our client is a leading Mechanical, Electrical, and Instrumentation contractor with projects across Ireland, UK, and Mainland Europe. Our client operates across multiple sectors including Data Centre’s, Pharmaceutical, Microelectronics, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Education, and Energy from Waste. They are currently looking for MEP Package Managers to join them on projects in the London area.
Apply on Partner Site
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
* Management of the Electrical & Mechanical Systems packages.
* Management of Site Safety in conjunction with the Project Manager and the Safety Advisor.
* Drive a focused Quality. Health, Safety and Environmental culture within your team.
* Management of Site QA in conjunction with the QA Manager including set up, management and close out of file
* Management of Project Schedule in conjunction with Mercury Project manager, consulting Engineer and Client requirements
* Management of all costs associated with your packages.
* Management of all day to day site operations
* Ensure Policies and procedures are followed.
* Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels.
* Ensure all snags are distributed to all Sub-contractors
* Issue direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours to time administrator for tracking centrally.
* Attendance at all relevant meetings.
* Close out of all project items.
* Issue weekly cost reports. This will include all orders placed, materials expected, and labour levels.
* Issue internal weekly progress report rolled up from project supervisors report.
* Issue external weekly progress report, to the project manager, highlighting areas not available, delays, shortage of design, third party hold ups and percentage complete.
* Schedule material deliveries to correspond with the project schedule.
* Maintain a weekly project photographic diary
* Liaise with & maintain strong relationships with the client team
* Review design in conjunction with the client teams
* Oversee coordination of works between the various M&E scope items & ensure alignment with overall site works
* All other duties associated with the role.
Essential Criteria for the Role:
* A trade and/or relevant third level qualification
* Minimum 5 years previous experience in Project Management
* Proven record of coordinating and managing large installation projects
* Experience dealing with Industrial Relations issues
* Knowledge of Health & Safety
* Experienced in design and build
* Good technical knowledge of both Electrical and Mechanical systems
* Excellent IT skills
Or check similar jobs