Senior Business Development Executive (Brokers)
Apply on Partner Site
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Are you a results-driven Business Development Executive looking for an exciting new opportunity? Do you have a passion for sustainability and the environment? Look no further than First Mile, London's premier recycling company! With over 30,000 customers including big names such as Pret a Manager, Zara, and Netflix, we are a growing company making a big impact in the environmental space.
We are seeking a talented Senior Business Development Executive to join our dynamic team and help us grow our business to even greater heights. At First Mile, we are committed to positively impacting the environment through sustainable waste management solutions.
If you are a self-motivated, proactive individual with a proven track record in sales and want to be part of a team that is making a real difference in the world, we want to hear from you!
Job purpose: To develop commercially beneficial relationships with new and existing brokers to negotiate new sales that ensure targets are met or exceeded, contributing to First Mile’s ambitious growth plans. Quickly react to leverage growth opportunities, create value led, relevant propositions in the form of client meetings, site visits, proposal writing, written tenders and presentations.
Build and convert a pipeline of opportunities into new First Mile customers. Attend meetings with a variety of potential broker partners to discuss First Mile services, understand their drivers for change, and provide bespoke solutions, in order to win new customers and to become their preferred supplier.
Manage and own a sales pipeline, setting key forecast dates and estimated value. Keep organised by maintaining own pipeline of opportunities, managing the sales cycle and setting forecasts for when work will close. Meeting weekly with the Senior Manager to ensure personal sales are on track.
Strategy & Ownership: Contribute to the longer-term business strategy and service solution, using customer and market insight to help shape and optimise future services, pricing and products. Contribute to the strategy for prospects with a longer sales cycle, creating opportunities to open lines of business for a larger overall business goal.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend meetings with existing and potential brokers to discuss current services, deduce their drivers for change and gain an understanding of their needs to win more work
- Present/pitch proposals during onsite visits
- To write bespoke proposals and quotes, tailored to their needs
- Negotiating by phone, email, and in person to close the deal
- To form and build relationships with existing and potential brokers
- Oversee smooth implementation of new services, ensuring all First Mile teams deliver as planned
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities and maintain accurate records, in particular, the First Mile CRS system (Salesforce)
- Understand, support and communicate the key aims of First Mile’s business development agenda
- Work with the Senior Manager, to ensure sales targets for the team are met
- Contribute to the continuing development of business development tools that support First Mile growth
- Ensure all First Mile teams understand the broker proposition and are meeting the needs of the client to ensure retainment and growth of accounts
Key Skills Required:
- Proven track record in B2B sales with evidence of hitting individual sales targets
- Outstanding communicator – tailors the tone, message and approach to engage effectively with customers and other team members
- Expert listening skills, sees through the customers’ eyes and is able to translate their requirements
- Able to work in an entrepreneurial environment and demonstrate commercial awareness
- Possesses a persistent and curious nature
- Is driven and enthusiastic, which encourages commitment from others
- Creative, able to innovate and improve our proposition
- Able to adapt effectively to changing priorities and environments
- Desires responsibility, with a strong sense of accountability
- Determined, resilient and self-driven with a focus to succeed.
- Analytical, quick thinker and effective problem solver
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Proven sales experience, preferably in a B2B environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed sales targets
- A strong and proven track record in negotiation
- Strong business language communications skills, face to face, telephone and email
- Use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience of Salesforce beneficial
- Ability to project manage and develop business initiatives
- Strong commercial acumen, a logical thinker
- Identifies business improvements and provides solutions
- Tactical planning and implementation
- Data analysis and problem-solving
- Excellent negotiator
- Ability to plan and co-ordinate a diary effectively to maximise meeting opportunities
- Willingness to travel and spend a significant amount of time in face-to-face meetings
- Strong presentation skills, creating the story and presenting to your audience
- A hunger to succeed and surpass targets
Your starting salary will depend on your experience, but as your experience grows, so will your salary. We have developed a career ladder, so you don't have to wait for the annual pay review and your salary is based on your personal level.
Of course, as this is a sales role, there is a quarterly bonus scheme where you could earn up to 50% of your salary again.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees and will encourage you to follow your passions as well as the opportunity to learn and try new things within a structured framework designed to help you excel. On top of all this, we’ve added some extras which include:
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Regular company parties and events
- Employee recognition at our monthly town hall event
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) as well as an extra day for each complete year of service
- A £60 a month allowance to spend on you. If you want a gym membership, loads of cookies, to pamper yourself, or to pay for a flight it is totally up to you!
- Lots of drinks, food, socials, and events throughout the year
But most importantly, a fun, positive, collaborative workplace in which you can learn, working for a rapidly growing, multi-award-winning business in a sector that has never been more important.
So, if you’d like to join us as a Senior Business Development Executive, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
Or check similar jobs