Our client are a well established house builder and they are currently in the market for an experienced Technical Manager to join the busy Technical team in Warwick.
Apply on Partner Site
Provide technical support to the land and development teams to assist during feasibility studies.
* Procure road and sewer designs, external works, private drainage, and, FFL's in line with a brief produced by you.
* Review and value engineer the infrastructure designs.
* Identify new external consultants to supplement the current panel, agree fees, the scope of service, capability, timescales and deliverability. Formally appoint such consultants.
* Produce a detailed design programme which identifies key dates and a critical path.
* Procure foundation schedules in line with the geotechnical reports ensuring the most cost effective solutions are identified.
* Procure remediation strategies taking into consideration the geotechnical report, infrastructure requirements and regulatory requirements.
* Manage all consultants to ensure the flow of information is within the agreed timescales and in accordance with the programme.
* Coordination of adoption agreements for roads and sewers in a timely manner.
* Respond to site queries and resolve technical/construction problems.
* Interact with statutory bodies, local authorities and external consultants with regards to the satisfactory discharge of planning conditions within an agreed time frame.
* Control the submission of building regulations and warranty applications.
* Coordinate transfer plans, management plans for estate sales packs, liaising with Solicitors and Sales Department.
* Appointment of management companies using and implementing the group procedure.
The role requires a strong technical knowledge base ideally from a technical design background of either architectural or civil engineering (preferably both)
* Knowledge of the housebuilding industry gained preferably with a high volume house builder
* Educated to HNC/HND level in a construction related qualification
* Possess strong negotiation and communication skills
* A broad technical understanding
Or check similar jobs