Retail Store Manager
Apply on Partner Site
Location: Thundersley, Essex, SS7 4EN
Salary: £35K to £42K, DOE
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Staff Discount, Co-operative Pension Scheme, Holiday Loan / Savings Scheme
Are you looking for a new opportunity with an organisation who value their staff and love to see you progress?
We are looking for a Retail Store Manager to join us in Essex!
You will manage the operation of the store in an efficient and effective manner with the objective of maximising store profitability and in accordance with the Co-operatives policies and rules.
Retail Store Manager – Key Responsibilities:
• Maintain appropriate levels of stock availability to customers
• Effective stock and order procedures to maximise sales within agreed stockholding targets
• Implement and maintain stock ranges
• Ensure merchandise is well presented and promotional material is effectively displayed
• Keep levels of stock losses to a minimum via effective in store stock control
• Record and report all known losses such as wastage, freezer breakdowns, burglary and theft
• Undertake regular stock takes in an effective and efficient manner, monitoring stock levels and losses
• Maintain the security of the store, its contents and staff in accordance with the Food Store Policy & Procedures Manual
• Maintain effective cash, banking and till controls, ensuring cash in tills and on the premises are kept to a minimum and cash banked is maximum
• Ensure the store is maintained to a high level of cleanliness and presentation
• Ensure any remedial and maintenance work required is identified and communicated to the appropriate party
• Participate in the recruitment and selection of store supervisors and assistants
• Undertake effective induction process for all new supervisors and general assistants
• Ensure that all store staff are trained to an acceptable level in all store procedures
• Identify any training and development needs that may need to be undertaken off site
• Ensure all store personnel adhere to Co-operative policies and procedures, undertaking appropriate disciplinary action where required
• Ensure that the store is adequately staffed, supervised and managed during the hours of occupancy
• Ensure that all staff holiday, hours of work and sickness are recorded properly and communicated to payroll
• Ensure that every effort is made by all staff to meet the needs of the customer and promote effective customer service
• Ensure compliance with all legal requirements including Health & Safety Practices, Fire Precautions, Food Hygiene Controls, licensing Laws, Check Scanning and ensure completion of the Daily Operations Book
• Ensure that the store operates within agreed budgetary cost constraints and meets levels of budgetary turnover and profitability
• Abide by and carry out the Co-operatives Health & Safety policy
• Abide by and carry out the Co-operatives Employment Policy.
• Carry out other duties as may be required by the business from time to time.
Retail Store Manager – What we need from you:
We are looking for an experienced Manager with previous experience in Convenience Retail.
• Driving Licence
• Retail Management Experience
• Personal Alcohol Licence an advantage
• Stock Control - advantage
• Food Waste Control- advantage
What we offer you:
• Staff Discount in all trading divisions
• Co-operative Pension – Direct benefit scheme
• Holiday Loan / Savings Scheme
A bit about us!
We’ve always believed in a strict set of moral values: equality, honesty and openness, self-help and self-responsibility, democracy, solidarity and caring for others. Our founders wrote these terms into our policies right from the start, back in the 19th Century! It’s what makes Chelmsford Star a ‘society’ rather than simply any other business.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful within this role, click on apply today!
No agencies please
Or check similar jobs