Sports Tours & Events Account Manager
Apply on Partner Site
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 dependent upon experience plus additional on-target earnings of £5,000 - £10,000
Hours: Full time – 37.5 hours per week
Base: The role is based at our Head Office in Derby, Option for hybrid-working with a minimum of 3 days per week at our Head Office in Derby.
If you're looking for a consultative sales role in a vibrant and forward-thinking company, this could be the opportunity for you. As a Sports Tours & Events Sales Consultant, you’ll be the first point of contact on the phone for team managers and coaches. You will listen and learn about their teams travel and sporting objectives before providing guidance and recommendations around which tournaments, festivals and tours best suit their needs.
Working closely with our network of suppliers, you will put together tailor-made quotations and itineraries which encompass travel, accommodation, fixtures or tournament entry and excursions. Your objective will e to present an offering that team leaders will want to take back to their team and families.
The majority of our client and supplier communications are undertaken digitally or by phone, however, in-person visits continue to be valuable and may take place overseas, in the UK or at our Head Office. These may, on occasions, fall outside of core office hours. You will have the opportunity to travel and accompany groups on tour so you are able to communicate the experience first-hand to other group leaders.
Other key duties include:
* Confidently taking calls and online enquiries from new and existing clients looking to travel and play sport with their team
* Advising clients of the tours and events that best suit their team’s needs.
* Compiling and presenting profitable and attractive quotations for clients and ensuring regular contact is maintained throughout the process.
* Liaising with airlines, accommodation centres and other suppliers.
* Assisting the product team to ensure our tour portfolio and supplier database is continually developing and improving.
* Attending and assisting with the running of Sports Tours Ltd UK tournaments / festivals.
* Being part of the on-call rota which provides 24 hour support for groups attending events.
It’s a competitive industry, so you’ll be skilled at communicating the benefits to teams of choosing to work with us. You will be working on multiple enquiries at any one time, so a demonstrative skill in managing and prioritising a busy workload is essential. You will be a good listener and a confident communicator who succeeds on proposing and delivering attractive quotations and itineraries. With no two groups’ tour objectives being the same, you’ll need meticulous attention to detail and a desire to create a tour itinerary that wows!
You will have a positive, enthusiastic, pro-active approach and the willingness to be hands-on.
The experiences we create for our customers are unique, we will therefore fully support you in developing your skills and knowledge throughout your employment with us as we equip you with the confidence, ability and expertise to succeed in your role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who relishes the thought of combining their love of travel and sport with their career on a daily basis. Our business has significant plans for future development and growth. We want to hear from people who believe they will succeed in this environment and are excited about the prospect of being part of the team and helping us grow!
Key skills and experience
* A desire to succeed in a consultative sales role.
* Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
* Good financial and commercial awareness.
* Strong administration skills.
Beneficial skills and experience
* Experience of working in a consultative sales role
* Knowledge of the travel industry
* Experience of working with sport groups.
* An interest in sport and / or travel.
* Full driving licence.
* A basic salary of £24,000 - £28,000 (dependent upon experience)
* A commission scheme based on individual sales (OTE £5,000 - £10,000)
* 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Flexible hybrid working Programme
How to apply
Feeling excited about the role and want to apply? We can’t wait to hear from you!
Please send us your CV with a great covering letter introducing yourself and detailing:
* Your current role and salary
* Why you are a suitable candidate for this position
Or check similar jobs