Our client is currently recruiting for 1-2 Design Managers to join a very successful Construction Main Contractor based in Coventry with regional travel to sites.
Apply on Partner Site
You will be working on care home projects, commercial, healthcare, & mixed-use ranging in value from £2million to £25million, projects are a mixture of New Build, Refurbishment and Modular Build.
You will be instrumental in supporting and assisting the Design team and Senior Design Manager. You will be responsible for coordinating the design process and ensuring all design/technical information is accurate.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a healthy and highly competitive salary plus excellent benefits including Car Allowance, Pension
• Design Manager reporting to Technical Director - covering all aspects of the design coordination for the business on various project throughout the UK. Design Coordinator is similar in scope but on smaller projects or as part of a team on a larger scale project
• Arranging and chairing the Design team meetings to lead the process with the consultants and sub-contract designers, issuing minutes and ensuring the resulting actions are actioned
• Collate and manage the contract specifications, drawing and related documents for the construction process
• Carrying drawing reviews issuing Comments then ensuring all comments are added accordingly to the design
• Carry out technical reviews of any proposed works to ensure contractual and technical compliance.
• Prepare and manage the Design and procurement schedule and issue information release schedules to set design target dates
• Offer input and design reviews into the procurement process
• Providing design support to Project Management teams.
• Review and implement Value engineering opportunities
• Coordinate with the M&E managers to ensure coordination of the M&E install and commissioning process.
• Utilizing specialist consultants coordinate the information and design to ensure BREEAM and Part L compliance are attained as required.
• Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy Building control compliance
• Coordinate the submission of information to satisfy all planning conditions are discharged
• Lead Design review workshop with the client / tenant to ensure understanding and satisfaction with proposed works
• Manage the Design Change Proposals for client sign off
• Submitting design information to the client team and recording, tracking and closing out any comments and queries that arise
• Issue, track and close out any Requests For Information that arise to enable the design to be completed.
• Assist in the collation of the O&M Health and safety file
Or check similar jobs