Apply on Partner Site
At Jardonich Engineering LTD, we are a small family run, Mechanical Engineering and fabrication company that works mainly within the water industry carrying out repairs, manufacturing parts and fabricating and fitting access metal work, for one of the UK's major local Utility companies.
The work we carry out ranges from small repairs to larger projects, both on site and within our Bradford based workshop facilities. We also carry out projects including installation of mechanical equipment and fabrication of steel walkways, staircases and hand railing on both water treatment and sewage treatment work.
The work we carry out includes but is not limited to, repairs on all sites across Yorkshire and at our workshop in Bradford. we repair all mechanical machinery and manufacture bespoke items for and including: Penstocks, conveyors, filters, Compactors, valves,valve spindles, pipework of all materials, pumps, gearboxes, scraper systems and many other parts as requested.
Mechanical fitter Skills Required:
* A strong Engineering background, apprentice trained or equivalent qualifications.
* Experience in Mechanical maintenance, repairs and fabrication. Able to carry out such work on site and within our workshop facilities
* Ability to work on your own and as part of a team, with strong communication skills.
* A good knowledge of health and safety practices within the working environment.
* Computer literate.
* Previous experience within the water industry would be an advantage, but no essential.
* Experience with CAD, but not essential.
* A full driver's license is a must.
Mechanical fitter and responsibilities
* We are currently looking for an experienced individual, with a background in mechanical engineering to take on a senior role within our company.
* As part of Jardonich Engineering you will be expected to carry out and plan the day-to-day operations within our workshop and across numerous sites where we carry out maintenance and installations of mechanical and fabrication assets.
* You will work closely with our engineers and customers to ensure work is carried out in a smooth operation from start to finish, and that the quality of the work meets our customers high expectations while conforming with their strict health and safety standards.
* You will need to be capable of making decisions, solving problems and able to follow through with your actions.
* Compile risk assessments and method statements for work to be carried out, on site and within or workshop.
* Able to organise workloads for your team and manage the completion of both planned and reactive tasks.
* You will liaise with suppliers to ensure smooth transition of parts required to carry out our work load.
* You will liaise with our client to ensure their requirements are effectively met and communicate with them to arrange site visits for both, measuring and installations.
What to expect from us:
* A highly competitive rate of pay.
* 28 days holiday including bank holidays.
* Hours: 8:00AM to 16:30PM Monday to Friday.
* Mobile phone allowance
* Optional weekly overtime.
* Health and Safety training as required.
* Company Vehicle supplied or mileage allowance
At Jardonich Engineering, every day is different and a learning curve, this position is ideal for a driven, hard working individual who is keen to help our company grow, whilst being part of a great team
Or check similar jobs