Support Worker - Adults Learning Disabilities - Tonyrefail (Female Driver with PBM required)
Apply on Partner Site
£10.60 - £12.15 (PAYE - not under umbrella)
Additional holiday pay + pension contribution + benefits
Holiday pay is separate, NOT inclusive of your hourly pay. i.e. £10.60 + holiday pay
**Please note that we don`t use umbrella companies, so our payroll organises your Income Tax and National Insurance contributions before you`re paid - meaning no hidden fees! Holiday pay will be accrued as you work meaning no need to save money back for holiday/time off! You have a whole year to use it and can use this however and how often you wish**
Required: due to the needs of our clients, you will need to be a driver in order to commute to the destination & to take the service users out.
Your role will be supporting individuals with learning disabilities with their daily needs, tasks & activities. We are seeking those who are experienced within the learning disability provision, who have PMVA/PBM training. You will also need to be open to carrying our personal care to meet the hygiene needs of the service users.
We require someone with strong communication skills as some of the individuals supported may use non-verbal communication. You will be aiding to promote independence, aiding to develop life skills and encouraging individuals to get involved with a range of activities. You will also be working alongside permanent members of staff in supporting the individuals.
Benefits of working with us:
- Weekly pay and paid PAYE (We do not use umbrella companies - meaning you accrue holiday pay and no hidden fees)
- 24/7 contact with Brook Street Social Care
- Pension scheme entitlement
- Double pay on Bank Holidays
- Separate holiday pay
- Flexible hours/days to fit around your commitments
- Temp to Perm Options and Contract Opportunities
- Access to specialist support through our Mental Health Advisors
- Online time sheets and payslips
- Opportunity to work in various of settings and gain experience
- Potential to do permanent employment
- Free training and refreshers provided including Manual handling, Medication, PBM and more! No fee for certificates!
To work with us, you will need:
- 6 months paid UK care experience in the last year or a year in the last 5 years
- Willing to undergo DBS and reference checks
- Willing to undertake personal care
- Right to work in the UK (we do not offer sponsorship)
- To be approachable, friendly, proactive and engage with the services users
- Great communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
** Please note that if you DO NOT meet the above criteria, we are unable to progress with your application currently but thank you for your interest **
If you think this role would be great for you, apply with your CV and if you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch for a friendly, informal chat
Please ask for Ellie: call (phone number removed) or email
Or check similar jobs