Senior Practitioner - Family Support & Protection
Apply on Partner Site
Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £43,477 to £52,302 per annum
As a Senior Practitioner at FS&P, you'll be at the heart of our efforts to help children, young people, and families thrive. You'll manage a caseload filled with complex cases, providing expert guidance and supervision to your colleagues. In the absence of the Team Manager, you'll step up to lead the team and oversee duty services, ensuring our mission is carried out effectively.
Your role goes beyond everyday social work. You'll handle higher levels of risk, mentor and advise your fellow team members, monitor performance, and drive continuous improvements. Building strong partnerships with key stakeholders is not just encouraged; it's essential.
What You'll Do: Your Responsibilities
· You'll be the go-to source of expert advice and professional supervision for social workers, contributing to the development of practice standards.
· You'll assess complex social care needs and develop support plans for vulnerable individuals, children, and families.
· Operating within the statutory legal framework, you'll determine when the threshold for statutory intervention has been reached.
· Managing a demanding caseload will be your daily routine, all while maintaining accurate and timely records, reports, and presentations.
· Your presence will be felt in various case conferences, court sessions, meetings, and statutory reviews, as you take the lead when a social care perspective is needed.
· You'll conduct assessments and devise responses to safeguard and promote a child's welfare, intervening as needed based on the assessment.
· Building strong, effective working relationships within the Council, with partners, and voluntary agencies will be second nature to you, as it's crucial for helping people start life on the right foot and age gracefully.
· You'll bring your expertise to the table, leading in particular areas of practice and contributing to their development.
What We're Looking For: Your Experience
· You hold a recognised social work qualification, whether it's a diploma, degree, or Masters in social work. Plus, you're currently registered with Social Work England as a registered social worker.
· Evidence of continuous professional development is a must, aligned with relevant Professional Competency/Capability frameworks or Knowledge and Skills Statements.
· You've got significant experience in social work, showcasing a comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of all relevant legislation, regulations, and guidance.
Noble Recruiting Limited is an independent, family-run recruitment agency, based in Wickford, Essex. We are an equal opportunities employer and have been acting as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers for over 15 years.
Or check similar jobs