Apply on Partner Site
Hours of work: 45 hours
Location: Head office at Enfield, with ability to travel to sites in London and South East of England
Project Partners are currently on the look out for an experienced SHEQ Advisor who is ready for a new challenge or to continue their career within Utilities.
The SHEQ Advisor will be responsible for providing support and advice on all aspects of health, safety, wellbeing, and environmental management, developing documentation, meeting legal, regulatory and company standards and helping deliver a culture of continual improvement.
* Assist in the development, communication and provide guidance on SHEQ procedures.
* Providing support to the operational teams in the necessary guidance, briefing and training required by individuals to carry out their work. Ensure all employees are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities and understand the requirements of company procedures.
* Monitor operational teams via regular site inspections and management audits to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with SHEQ policies, procedures and relevant statutory legislation.
* Suspend work at any time where compliance with health, safety or environmental legislation is in question and implement corrective action before leaving site where at all possible.
* Conduct incident investigations, with root cause analysis, and contribute to the development of corrective action plans to prevent reoccurrence. Report incidents in line with Company and Client requirements.
* Produce and deliver learning bulletins, toolbox talks and monthly focuses about safety, health, wellbeing, environmental and quality issues.
* Review and assist with production of risk assessments, safe systems of work, construction phase health, safety and environmental management plans.
* Assist in the identification of training needs for site-based personnel, bringing this to the attention of the Training Manager and Supervisor.
* Undertake internal audits and produce reports based on findings.
* Carry out regular supply chain partner depot audits.
* Attend employee committee meetings for Safety, Health & Wellbeing and Environmental Sustainability.
* Assist in development of stand down events.
* Carry out for cause and random D&A testing as required.
* Deliver training sessions to enhance SHEQ awareness and competency within the organisation.
* Liaise with external bodies including the Health and Safety Executive, Clients and other stakeholders as directed by the SHE Manager.
* Produce reports on work/projects/activities carried out.
* Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of legislation and any developments that affect the industry.
* Act as a role model at all times in support of the company’s vision, priorities and values.
* Proven experience as a SHEQ Advisor in utilities or construction.
* Knowledge of relevant SHEQ regulations, standards, and best practice.
* Relevant degree
* NEBOSH Health & Safety for Construction Certificate or NEBOSH National General Certificate
* Must hold a current UK Driving License
* An environmental qualification (Desirable)
* IOSH membership (TechIOSH) (Desirable)
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Long Service Scheme
- Car allowance
- Access to Group Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance and Critical Illness cover
- Healthcare cover for employee only
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme & Medicash
- CSR Programme (3 days supported per annum)
- Continuous Development Opportunities
Or check similar jobs