About this opportunity
Apply on Partner Site
The site is undergoing a business transformation aimed at enhancing efficiency and streamlining operations for optimal performance, and we are looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people’s lives.
Our client is looking to recruit a Process Engineer Specialist to join their Technology Department. This exciting role provides opportunities to work in a multi-discipline team supporting our clients large scale fine chemical manufacturing units within an upper tier COMAHH site. The main focus of this role will be on process optimisation, troubleshooting and product changeovers as well as identification and delivery of capital improvement projects, from initial feasibility studies right through to commissioning.
* Provide specific specialist process engineering expertise required to design and deliver work programs defined by project or line manager which includes manufacturing support, capital project design and process improvement.
* Lead project changeovers to safely meet cost, time and quality requirements, indirectly managing other functional discipline to deliver the targeted changeovers.
* Participate in manufacturing support teams as process owner or providing specific specialist process engineering expertise.
* Lead department or group inputs into small multi-disciplinary projects collaborating across functions onsite.
* Provide technical leadership for effective input into group level prioritization, planning and delivery of scientific work programs in a safe and efficient manner.
* Challenge the current established protocols, systems or ways of working seeking opportunities of improvement.
* Contribute to maintaining and growing capabilities in area of specialism to suit departmental needs, may include coaching and mentoring of others or devising and delivering formal technical training.
Critical Knowledge and Experience
* Several years demonstrable track record from a chemical production environment (e.g. specialty, pharma, petrochemical) within Top Tier UK COMAH Sites.
* Strong working knowledge of HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) standards, which may typically include Risk Assessment (HAZOP/HAZAN), SIL/SIS, LOPA, ATEX and DSEAR
* Have broad experience of process engineering design principles.
* Have a high standard of analytical thinking to break down problems and analyse data.
* Be self-motivated and proactive; and be able to communicate clearly and well across different work levels and disciplines with the organisation.
* Master’s degree level in Chemical or Process Engineering.
* Chartered Member of IChemE is mandatory.
* Confidence using relevant IT such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Visio.
What our client offers:
* Full time permanent role based in Seal Sands, Stockton-on-Tees, UK.
* Company’s pension scheme with up 9% match contribution.
* 28 days annual leave plus bank holiday.
* Mon – Fri Days (40 hours).
* Options for hybrid / flexible working.
* Additional benefits including Salary Sacrifice schemes offering, healthcare, bikes etc.
Each day, the products and services provided by our clients positively influence the lives of millions of people. We strongly hold the belief that the success of a chemical company extends beyond mere business growth; it involves actively contributing to society and the environment. Our client is dedicated to being a responsible corporate citizen, upholding the highest industry standards. Their commitment to safety, health, environment, quality, and compliance underscores their values and priorities
Or check similar jobs