Building a sustainable tomorrow
Apply on Partner Site
BAM FM is recruiting a Leisure Assistant to join the FM team in Crawley.
This role is a zero hours contract, working as and when required over mornings, evenings and weekends to cover holidays and absence.
• Greeting customers and visitors in a friendly and helpful manner, in person or by phone, monitoring and controlling entry to the centre.
• Delivering a smooth, efficient and professional experience to all guests.
• Establishing and maintaining good relationships with the general public, ensuring that an appropriate ambience is maintained in the facility, making customers feel welcomed and valued.
• Acting as cover relief in other areas of the Leisure Centres operation – where appropriately qualified to do so.
• Complying with general responsibilities as set out in the corporate Health and Safety policy.
• Carrying out all duties whilst adhering to the company’s policy on customer care.
• Adhering to the company’s policy on equal opportunities at all times.
• Assist in the upkeep of the gym to provide a safe and pleasant space for members.
• Have a hands-on approach and be willing to carry out all reasonable duties to ensure the smooth running of the fitness centre including setting up for classes and bookings
• Have an awareness of health and safety issues in a gymnasium and the ability to carry out basic first aid.
• Carry out general maintenance and cleaning duties in the fitness area.
• Understand the computerized membership system, and end of day procedures as there will be reception duties involved within this role
• Promote the group fitness timetable and actively aim to increase member participation, and new memberships.
• The post holder is expected to carry out, in addition to the already mentioned duties, any other duties reasonably expected with the general level of the post.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience of working within a similar role is preferred but not essential
• Possess excellent communication skills and be able to communicate at all levels with customers and internal departments alike.
• To be able to provide a warm and friendly environment for our members.
• Level 2 Fitness instructor qualification is preferred but not essential for this role
What’s in it for you?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in a forward thinking organisation. In addition to an attractive salary, we support further personal growth and development.
Your work environment
People are at the heart of what we do at BAM. We recognise that creating a diverse and inclusive environment that nurtures our employees and encourages them to bring their best and whole self to work is crucial.
We’re on an exciting journey to get us there by recruiting the very best talent to join us regardless of race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics.
Be you! Join us today, so we can achieve amazing things together and build a sustainable tomorrow.
Who are we?
The art of building is about building for communities; it’s about building for life.
Where others stop, we go further, leading the way towards a sustainable tomorrow for us and future generations. As an industry leader, we raise the bar.
Our values: sustainable, inclusive, collaborative, reliable and ownership, enable us to achieve our ambitions. Today, tomorrow and every day.
Our recruitment process, what you need to know?
BAM is committed to ensuring a fully inclusive recruitment and onboarding process, so if at any time you feel we need to do something to make it more accessible to you, do not hesitate to speak with one of our team, and we will do our best to support you
Or check similar jobs