Apply on Partner Site
Dodd Group was formed in 1947 in Shropshire and has remained a privately owned family business ever since. With an unrivalled reputation within the building services sector, we offer a comprehensive electrical and mechanical design, installation and maintenance service across many sectors.
To work as part of an efficient Commercial Team ensuring all duties and responsibilities are carried out in a timely and professional manner in order to provide a quality service to both clients and colleagues alike
* To liaise with and communicate fully with the Commercial Team at all times on all financial aspects of projects
* To operate in a confidential and professional manner
* To comply in all regards with the Company’s Objectives and Mission Statement in relation to Commercial, Quality Assurance, Procedures and Systems – currently being updated and developed, and will be implemented following the necessary consultation
* To actively promote a Health and Safety culture within our business, and ensure implementation of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy
* To be responsible for updating Vixen Accounts System in relation to ‘Draft’ invoices in consultation with the Commercial team member
* To support the Commercial Team in preparing Interim Applications for Payments in a timely manner
* To support the Commercial Team when submitting Final Accounts and assisting with preparation of the necessary supportive information
* To monitor via the Tracker Final accounts for all contracts to ensure they are submitted, agreed and paid in full in a timely manner
* To monitor, track and file where appropriate correspondence and dialogue during the contractual period between the Commercial Team and Client
* To support both the Commercial and Finance teams when allocating Payment Remittances received to allow prompt allocation of the payment
* To provide Administrative support to the Commercial Manager in completing the Monthly QS Reports in line with agreed timetable
* To attend monthly review meeting with Operational Delivery Team to review WIP, Low Margin Jobs, Late Costs and any others areas identified in accordance with agreed timetable.
* To complete Cost Transfers when instructed and ensure signed off and filed correctly for audit purposes
* To conform and adhere to the Authorisation Register
* Continually challenge ways of working to promote good working practice and assist with continual improvements and developments within the business, ensuring the way we conduct business is as efficient as possible
* To ensure all work within your remit is accurate and up to date.
* To ensure telephone is answered in a timely and professional manner and all messages etc. are relayed to the appropriate person.
* To ensure filing is carried out accurately and on a timely basis
* To liaise immediately with colleagues when any anomalies arise
* General office duties including, but not limited to filing, photocopying, scanning, emailing and sending faxes in order to maintain the efficient operation of the commercial team
* To maintain administrative duties in line with the Dodd Group QMS procedures.
You will need:
* IT Literacy including Word, Excel and Email
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Basic Health & Safety skills
* Intermediate Numeracy
* Excellent organisation skills
You will be working for a company who will offer you a structured opportunity to progress your career and offer continued support and training. You will receive a competitive salary, life cover, private health, pension, 21 days per year annual leave (plus public holidays) increasing with service.
You’ll be working in a friendly, inclusive environment where people understand the value of their contribution and are encouraged to recognise a job well done. You’ll be part of an open, engaged culture where everyone has a voice and the opportunity to get involved, as well as make a real difference.
Dodd Group is an equal opportunities employer
Doddg Group is a forces friendly employer
Or check similar jobs