Source Recruit is delighted to present an outstanding opportunity for an Accredited Clinical Coder to join a NHS organisation on a 3-month contract
Apply on Partner Site
As an Accredited Clinical Coder, you will make judgements on complex clinical information requiring interpretation and comparing options from information provided electronically and in paper-based health records. Clinical Coders have a crucial role in the provision of mandatory data for information, financial and reporting purposes both at local and national level. The post holder will be expected to be an Accredited Clinical Coder (ACC) through completion of the National Clinical Coding Qualification. As part of the role of the post-holder is expected to interact with clinicians, operational staff and have responsibility for own workload whilst maintaining accurate clinical coding quality
* Significant experience of coding inpatient activity across a wide range of specialities within an acute NHS Trust setting
* Significant knowledge, experience and understanding of ICD 10 and OPCS 4 coding classifications and standards applicable to NHS inpatient activity
* Proven ability to abstract & analyse complex clinical information with a good understanding of medical terminology
* Good understanding of the importance of clinical coding and its uses and the impact of data issues.
* Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
* Significant experience of using paper and electronic records to extract clinical information
* Good communication, both verbal and written.
Skills & Abilities
* Good organisational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to communicate and cooperate with other members of staff in a professional and effective manner
* Ability to work to strict deadlines within defined policies and procedures
* Ability to self -motivate and to make appropriate judgments about when to seek guidance.
* Confident in the use of Microsoft Office applications and other relevant IT software packages required.
* Ability to plan, prioritise and manage to workload.
* Reliable, enthusiastic with an ability to adapt to change.
* Willing to work at other Trust sites or Trust-wide when required to do so.
* Commitment to continuing professional development
* Ability to mentor and support trainee Clinical Coders
Or check similar jobs