Accounts Receivable Administrator
Apply on Partner Site
* Vehicle Certification Agency
* Apply before 11:55 pm on Friday 1st March 2024
* Reference number: (phone number removed)
* Salary: £23,847
* Contract type: Permanent
* Working pattern: Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
* Location: Bristol
About the job
We welcome applications from every part of the community, and we don’t discriminate against any gender identity. We’re especially interested to hear from underrepresented groups in the DfT such as gender diverse, ethnic minority, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
Are you looking for your next challenge or seeking to launch a career in the Civil Service?
Do you have great attention to detail?
Are you organised and achieve deadlines?
Have you got experience dealing with internal and external stakeholders?
If so, this is a great opportunity for you to join the VCA!
We are looking for people who share our values of honesty, integrity, objectivity, impartiality, and professionalism and want to play an important role in the UK automotive sector.
The Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) is the UK Type Approval Authority and ensures that road vehicles meet the minimum safety and environmental standards as required by GB, UK, and UNECE regulations. The integrity, objectivity, impartiality, and professionalism of our staff is vital to delivering this service for the automotive sector.
Would you like the opportunity to work in the finance department for an innovative Government Agency?
If you can add value to our team by bringing your experience, together with enthusiasm and initiative, we would love to hear from you.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our Finance team as an Accounts Receivable Administrator and contribute to the continuous improvement environment we are proudly developing.
As an Accounts Receivable Administrator, you will work closely with the Credit Control Manager within the Finance Department, a core function within VCA. You will frequently be contacted by both internal and external stakeholders who will require your assistance with accounts receivable queries.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* To closely monitor client accounts and debt chase both UK and overseas customers. Log details onto Collect system and report findings to the credit control manager.
* Download Lloyds Commercial Banking statements and allocation of Bacs / Funds Flow and CHAPS receipts. Post journals onto relevant customer accounts and allocate receipts.
* Process credit/debit card payments. Post journals onto relevant customer accounts and allocate receipts.
* Weekly / monthly allocation of Commission Notices and Sub Mac receipts.
* Monitor prefunded accounts and contact client to arrange top-up where necessary.
* Credit control and management of customer accounts. This will include daily telephone calls, e-mails, debtor letters and if necessary proposing accounts for legal action.
* Liaising with the other departments within VCA; UK and overseas business units.
* Run credit checks, open new accounts when authorised by signatories, as per authority limits.
* Sending copy invoices, credit notes or statements to customers, as and when required.
* Point of contact for customer account queries.
* Run sales ledger month end reports, confirm balances prior to month end close.
* Produce pro-forma invoices and e-mail to customer.
* Covering the responsibilities of the credit control manager as and when required.
* You will have excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
* Attention to detail and accuracy is key as well as being able to build strong relationships with internal and external contacts.
* You must be able to work as part of a team in order to achieve a shared goal.
If you fit the person profile and are interested in a new challenge, VCA would love the opportunity to develop you to become a vital part of our team. We could do this through:
* Learning and development by studying an Accountancy or Credit Control qualification.
* Colleague knowledge sharing.
* Access to a broad network of eLearning through the Civil Service.
* Opportunities to attend external training courses to develop knowledge if candidate can demonstrate the value created to the agency in doing so.
A minimum of 60% of your working week should be spent at your principal workplace. Depending on the nature role you are applying for e.g. engineering, this may require you to travel to other VCA sites as well as manufacturers. This official business contributes towards your overall workplace attendance.
Whilst we welcome applications from those looking to work with us on a part time basis, there is a business requirement, for the successful candidate to be able to work at least 4 days per week, the successful applicant will need to work a Friday each week
Or check similar jobs